70-It's okay

After Mother Su left, Gu Yu Cheng was cleaning up in the kitchen.

Su Rui walked over and hugged Gu Yu Cheng's waist from behind.

The man's back was warm and carried a familiar scent, which made Su Rui feel especially secure.

"Yu Cheng."

"Hm?"

"Why don't we go back to Mum's place and stay with them?" Su Rui asked.

When Mother Su was still around earlier, she suggested for both of them to move to their house.

Su Rui wasn't hasty to reply at that time.

Now that she carefully considered it again, she felt that it was a good idea to move back.

During this period of time, Gu Yu Cheng was busy with the company's matters and he was anxious about her, leading to Su Rui really worrying about whether he could cope.

If they moved in with their elders, regardless of which side (of their family), Gu Yu Cheng would not have to worry too much about her with Mother Su or Mother Gu around.

When Gu Yu Cheng heard Su Rui's words, he froze for a moment, and then he smiled as he turned around and drew her in his arms.

"
"
"Aren't you afraid that it would be annoying?" Gu Yu Cheng asked.

"Actually, a little." Su Rui said quite frankly.

At this time, the most problematic aspect of living with elders was that the parental love is too intense.

Just like this afternoon, Su Rui's ears became calloused after being nagged with a long list of precautions by Mother Su.

It would be hard to imagine what she would face every day if she moved back in.

When Gu Yu Cheng heard Su Rui's reply, Gu Yu Cheng chuckled softly in a doting manner.

"Then let's not move back." After a pause, he added, "My leave will officially begin next week."

"You mean next week?" Su Rui was a little surprised.

"Have you finished settling the company matters?"

"Pretty much. I've signed the contract renewals for a few projects, and I've started the mid-year and latter half-year projects ahead of schedule. There won't be too much left to do. There would be no problem in leaving it to Wang Zhou and the managers of the few departments."

Su Rui believed what Gu Yu Cheng said.

Gu Company was already a maturely run enterprise. Unless there were big movements or deployments at the heart of management, nothing would go terribly wrong even if Gu Yu Cheng wasn't around for a while.

Gu Yu Chengthen kissed Su Rui's head and continued, "If there are no special circumstances, I can stay at home with you. Or if you want, we can move back to the main residence or your home for a few days. We can come back if you are not happy."

After a pause, Gu Yu Cheng added, "I can take good care of you."

"We will be going for a maternity check-up next week. If you are physically able, I'll take you somewhere you want to go to have some fun." After a slight pause, Gu Yu Cheng added a restriction, "If it's not too far away."

After all, the woman in his arms is pregnant. Even though he was confident he could take good care of Su Rui, he really didn't dare to take her to a place too far away.

As Su Rui heard every word Gu Yu Cheng said, she simply felt like her heart was going to melt.

With what Gu Yu Cheng said, Su Rui was already looking forward to the upcoming days.