10. Quidditch tryouts pt.1

I woke up early the next day, still on the bathroom floor. It seemed as though I was crying in my sleep because my head was laying in a small puddle of water. I sat up and wiped the tears off of my face.

I sat there for a few minutes trying to remember everything that happened last night.

We played truth or dare... I'm not going to get into that, I kissed Draco and Fred broke up with me.

I then stood up and leaned over the sink I was under and looked at myself.

There is dark circles under my eyes, my face is tear stained, and my hair is a disaster. I turned the faucet on and splashed some water on my face to wake me up a bit. Then I took my hair out of the ponytail I had it in and brushed through it with my fingers before putting it in a low messy bun.

Now I look decent besides my dark circles but what am I going to do about that. I quickly adjusted my outfit which was grey sweat pants and a Slytherin jumper and I made my way out of the bathroom and onto the school grounds.

No students were up and out yet besides a few Ravenclaws. So I took a walk and my legs lead me to the black lake.

I sat down on the edge and played with the water with my fingers. All I did was think, before more and more students came out. I still don't understand why Fred would break up with me after our incredible date yesterday.

Some Gryffindors came to the lake and told me to leave so that's what I did, my legs didn't know where to take me so I went to the Great hall for breakfast. Once I made it there I sat down at the end of the table where it is the most dark. I just sat there, not eating, just staring at nothing until I felt eyes on me.

Draco.

I refused to make eye contact so I just ignored him with no expression on my face, just numb. His gaze only left me for a moment before coming right back on me. I hated it. So I stood up and left, not knowing where to go, I just walked down the corridor looking at all the different signs for clubs and things. That's when one caught my eye.

Quidditch tryouts schedule
Gryffindor tryouts: Monday, 12-2 pm
Slytherin tryouts: Monday, 2-4 pm
Ravenclaw tryouts: Tuesday, 12-2 pm
Hufflepuff tryouts: Tuesday, 2-4 pm
•No first years may try out for quidditch
•Team captain has already been chosen
• Team co-captain is open, must tryout and be chosen by the captain.
•Results come out on Thursday
Good luck.

I still don't know if I want to tryout or not. It's today at 2 pm so I have to decide quickly. Maybe it'll take my mind off of everything. I'd tryout for seeker, Draco said I was pretty good but if he's trying out, he's also a seeker. I'd have to go up against him.

I'm doing it.

While everyone from my dorm is at breakfast, now is a good time to change my clothes, get ready, and get what I need for quidditch.

I went to my dorm quickly and started by changing into black leggings and my old quidditch shirt. Then I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and hair. I came back out and got my nimbus 2001 and my quidditch uniform for later.

I left quickly and went to the quidditch stadium to practice until Gryffindor comes. I set my quidditch uniform down and hopped on my broom before shooting up into the air quickly. I haven't been on my broom since my "date" with Draco.

Once I warmed my broom up I pretended to chase after the snitch, I went every possible way it could go, even upside down. A few times I even went from going straight down to straight up in a matter of seconds. I practiced going fast, faster than I've ever gone before. I practiced weaving in and out, up and down through the stadium.