23. The reveal.

Today's the Yule ball, I'm excited but also pretty nervous. I've never really worn a dress like this before but I hope Draco will like it. We don't have any classes today due to the upcoming holiday and the ball of course so Draco, Pansy, Blaise and I are all hanging around our dorm until it reaches the necessary time to start getting ready.

I'm simply laying underneath my warm green duvet staring at the bag that has my dress in it. My mind began flooding with thoughts.

What if I look to fat in it?

Draco probably won't like it.

Everyone with stare at me and make fun of me.

I should've picked the green dress it's less revealing.

'Amber stop it. You are perfect.' I heard someone's voice. I looked around but no one is looking at me or talking. Am I going crazy? 'I can hear your thoughts from a mile away.' I panicked, who could hear my thoughts? I could feel Dracos eyes on me, I quickly looked his way. My eyes met his, he jerked his head motioning to the door. I nodded and went out of the door and soon Draco followed.

"Am I going crazy?" I asked as he shut the door behind him.

"Occlumency darling." He took my hand and started leading me to the common room.

"What?"

"Occlumency and legilmency, I can hear and speak into your mind. Stop talking bad about yourself, I know you will look absolutely stunning." He explained.

Draco learned occlumency? When does he have anytime for that? I don't really care though, it only makes him even more attractive than he already is. 'Thank you darling.' Shit I already forgot. He chuckled.

"We really should start getting ready, the ball in in an hour and a half." I said trying to break the half silence.

"If you need any help I'm here." He smiled.

"Nope, you don't get to see anything until the ball starts." I let go of his hand and gave him a peck on the lips and I went back to our dorm. Pansy and Astoria are inside starting to get ready.

"There you are. Blaise left it's just us girls getting ready now, don't wanna spoil the grand entrance. The others will be coming soon." Pansy exclaimed while starting to straighten her hair.

I went into the bathroom and started washing my face. If Draco learned occlumency then that means he could listen to all of my thoughts whenever he wants. That could be good but also could be very bad, he could learn about my past. No one can learn about my past...

"Love, you've been washing your face for 5 minutes now I think your face is clean." Astoria chuckled while grabbing her makeup bag from beside me. I turned the water off, grabbed the curling iron and my makeup bag before going into the bedroom and sitting in front of my vanity mirror. Soon after Ginny, Hermione and Luna joined us and began getting ready as well.

I plugged in my curling iron and while I waited for it to heat up I began my makeup. I want to do something dark to match my dress, maybe a Smokey eye and a dark lip or minimal eyeshadow and black lips. I'm not sure... by the time the curling iron became hot I had already done my foundation, concealer, powder and contour.

I picked up the curling iron and started curling the underneath part of my hair and working my way up from there. What should I do with my hair? Leave it down, put it in a fancy bun, half up half down? There are to many options. It took me around 20 minutes to curl all of my hair. I decided to take a break from my hair and continue my makeup, I added a small amount of blush, a little more highlight than natural and now it's time for eyes.