19. Hospital wing.

Draco's POV

I ran to the hospital wing as fast as I could, once I got there Madam Promfrey, Dumbledore, Snape, and Madam Hooch were already there gathered around her hospital bed. Dumbledore was closest to me as he turned around.

"Ah, Draco I'm glad you have come." Dumbledore said slowly. "Come Draco." He motioned towards the bed and made room so I could see. Amber was laying there peacefully in her quidditch robes. She had an ice pack around her waist and is extremely pale.

"Amber..." I said under my breath. I caressed her cheek that had a slight blush to it. "Is she going to be alright?" I panicked while looking back at the professors.

"Madam Pomfrey has it all under control, she has a few broken ribs but she should be better soon." Dumbledore explained, I can't lie, I teared up a bit when he said she had broken ribs.

I turned back to look at Amber and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. She looks stunning even when she's unconscious.

"He's in love." Dumbledore whispered just loud enough for me to hear, at that, I let a tear drop. I smiled softly.

Could I be in love?

No no it's to early for that.

"Draco, you'll need to leave now, she has to get a treatment." Snape called out softly.

I looked back at them. "Is it going to hurt her?"

"Oh heavens no dearie she won't feel a thing." Madam Pomfrey explained.

"When can I see her again?" I asked once more.

"Tomorrow, it's late you need to be getting back to your dormitory." Dumbledore spoke. I slowly nodded before leaning over and kissing her forehead and standing up all the way. I said goodbye to the professors and made my way down to the dungeons quickly.

I could hear music before I even got to the entrance to the common room. They are probably celebrating the win. I walked in and everyone looked at me.

"There's the winner!" Pansy shouted. Everyone started screaming and I just walked out and shut the door behind me. I didn't want to deal with that at the moment. I'm to worried about Amber. So I decided to go to the Astronomy tower and think.

-

I made it there and just sat down where our date was held the one night I asked her out and thought about what Dumbledore said.

We only started dating a few weeks ago, I couldn't be in love yet. I don't even know what love means. I've never been in love or shown love to someone.

I'm Draco Malfoy I don't know how to love.

I thought about it for hours until it was pitch black outside. That's when I stood up and went back down to the Slytherin common room and my dorm.

-

The week passed quickly. Every morning I would shower, grab something quick to eat on the way to the hospital wing.

Once I got there I would talk to Amber, even though she's unconscious. I would just ramble to her and hope she would wake up. Sometimes I would get kicked out because I was there to long, or because there was another student who needed treatment but I waited outside the doors until they were open again.

It's been about a week and a half since the game and she's still unconscious, so I followed my morning routine I've made and started talking to her about how she is such an amazing quidditch player and how proud I am of her for getting co-captain on the team.

While I was in the middle of talking she twitched and I gasped and got closer to her. She twitched again and groaned softly.

"Amber?!" I tried to say calmly but it didn't work. She  shifted herself and blinked her eyes a few times.

"Amber?! Amber?! Are you okay?" I freaked out a bit. She groaned and shifted her face to look at me.

She was still blinking as if she didn't know if she's real or not.

"Amber it's me..." I said as I caressed her cheek.

She looked around as if she didn't know where she was.

"You're in the hospital wing darling." I gulped.

She tried to sit up but immediately laid back down from the pain.

"You should lay down and rest, you're still healing." I explained. She clutched her rib cage that had a wrap around it.

"Amber, you broke your ribs when the bludger hit you." I tried to say as comforting as possible. She whimpered as she lightly pressed down on her ribs. "Hey hey, don't touch it." I lifted her hands off of herself and placed them by her sides. "You've been here for a week and a half my love, I haven't left your side." A tear flooded my eye.

"Can you talk?" I asked softly. She looked at me as if she's in shock. "No? That's alright I'll take care of you, I promise." Her face stayed the same, her lips slightly parted and her eyes not moving. I let the tear fall and I sniffled. "You are gonna be okay alright? Don't worry." I wiped the tear away and her eyes softened a bit, but still didn't speak.

Madam Pomfrey soon walked in. "Oh darling, I'm so glad you're awake." She walked in quickly and poured a potion into a small cup and handed it to Amber. "Drink this honey, it'll restore your bones." Amber was hesitant on drinking it, but she drunk it and shivered after.

She still looked pale, and she got skinnier from not eating. "Dearie you can leave in 20 minutes when the potion kicks in, Mr.Malfoy are you going to keep a watch on her?" She popped the cork back onto the potion and set it away.

"Yes, I'll take care of her." I didn't take my eyes off of Amber. She still had a straight, shocked face.

20 minutes passed by quickly. I tried to make conversation with her but she just sat there with the same expression in silence. Once Madam Pomfrey told us we could leave I picked Amber up in a cradle position, I had to move her arms around my neck and I led her out the door and to our dorm in silence.
————————————————————————————
Hey guys!!

I hope you all are enjoying the story so far! This is my first book, so I am so sorry if things are unorganized or spelling isn't all that great but trust me the plot line of the story will only get better as it goes on! I have huge plans for this book and I hope you all will continue to read it!

Thank you so much for over 300 reads! You guys are awesome and I love every single one of you. What do you think will happen next?