Tommy Joe Ratliff

Tommy Joe Ratliff

Kailee pov: 

So I'm here in a dark parking lot with the person I was assigned to to help. His name is Tommy Joe Ratliff and he is 16 years old. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do. I've never worked with a 16 year old. I've only worked with little kids. I just hope he's nice and that he is respectful.

"Are you Kailee Firebird?" Tommy Joe says with a scared look on his face. Oh my, why he scared? Oh no, don't tell he was followed?

"Yes, I'm Kailee. Is everything okay?" I say concerned. I hope he wasn't followed, that would be bad. I was told he was going to arrive alone. I hope he wasn't figured out. His parents are on vacation in Asia for another two months.

"I was just making sure. I have done this before and ended up back at my house. I just don't want that to happen again. I don't want to go back and face my grandparents again." He says with a weak voice. I still want to kill that sucker who took him back to the house and got him caught. Who takes their "baby bird" back to the danger zone.

"Well, Tommy Joe, you don't have to worry with me. I know what I'm doing and I won't let that happen to you again. I'm not an idiot like that other guy. He was fired right on the stop and went through heck because of what he did" I said chuckling lightly. I remember going to him and telling I'm that we where letting him go. The look on his face was priceless.

"Good, I'm so glad. I don't want that to happen to anyone else" he said relieved. He seems a lot more comfortable now. That's a good thing because I can't have a scared "baby bird."

"Yeah, it won't on my watch." I said smiling at him. Then all of sudden, my phone starts playing "Down the Rabbit Hole." (Glambert know who this is by.) I check to see who it is and it is my boss. "Sorry, I gotta take this. I'll be right back, I'm going over there." I said stepping away.

Kailee pov. End

Tommy's pov: 

"Oh, okay. Nice ring tone. I love that singer" I said startled. Man, this while thing has been crazy. I still can't believe I am finally getting out of the hell hole called my house. I mean I love where I lived, it was just my parents. Well, my mom anyway. She was raising me on her own. Being a single parent was hard. We used to be close but then she started working too much and not taking care of me.

Wait, what's that sound. Oh, it's just my phone.

Isaac: Hey man, where r u?

Isaac is my best friend. We were supposed to hang out tonight, but all of this happened. Worst part is, I'm not allowed to say anything at all.

Tommy: Change of plans. I'm srry I can't give u more than that.

Isaac: It's cool man. I understand. I'll miss u though.

Tommy: I'll miss u 2. Have fun without me.

Isaac: U know very will, that I won't have any fun without u.

Tommy: I know. Bye ICarp. Love u!

Yes I love my best friend and yes I am gay. So what? I'm not dating my best friend at least.

Isaac: Bye TJoe. Love u 2. Call me soon.

Tommy: I will, promise.

Tommy pov. End

Kailee steps back in and Tommy puts way his phone. A car pulls up and Kailee and Tommy step inside. They are going to do meet another "mother bird."

~ Thank you for taking the time to read. What do you think? How do you like it so far.~ 

• remember I love you all• 

Kay