What is wrong?

Quick note there is a trigger warning in the chapter. You see brackets and words telling you too skip until the next set of brackets and words.

---------------------(<>)--------------------

Kyle pov:

Me and Adam are sitting here at a park after we dropped Glammie off at her house. We are here so I can see what caused Adam to become the living dead. "So about this past week. What is up man? Are you okay?" I ask looking at Adam with a sincere look. I want him to know that I am here for him. It is also common for a teen like Adam to have a break down a couple of weeks on. We see it all the time. I just haven't seen one this bad. They normally last a couple of days. With Adam it different. He has been through so much and is such a strong person. But even the strongest people break. He think back to Kailee and her nightmares.

"Honsetly I am not sure." Adam says putting his head in his hands. "I don't even j own what trigger me to be in that state."

"Well, let's clear your mind and see if it comes back up." I say rubbing his back. "If you do remember you dot have to tell me if you puts you back in that state." I say giving him a small smile. He smiles back sheepishly.

He took deep breath to help calm him down possibly remember what happened. I have an idea but, I want to be sure.

Kyle pov end.

--------<>--------

Adam pov:

I take inhale a deep breath breath and exhale counting to five like I was taught in my last therapy session. I do this several more times qns I notice that Kyle is doing them with me. That is so sweet.

As I take the last breath and suddenly feel like I am hit by a train. All the bad memories came flooding back like the rain and in the story of Noah. I was sitting on the couch with Tommy while reading a book called "Child Called It" for my English class. My teacher did warn us it might be a trigger for most of us. As I was reading the dang book, the memories of my life before FBR can running in my head. I don't like that part of my brain. It's a dark part of my brain that brings me to tears.

[Warning this next bit is pretty heavy. Skip till you see another set of brackets with words.]

One of the memories that came back was probably one of the scariest times for me. It was last halloween when I thought my whole family was out trick or treating. Oh boy, was I wrong. I was had been handing out candy and had run out, so I turn out the porch light. So check the time on my crusty flip phone and see that it is only 6:45pm. I decide I would walk down to the corner store at the end of the block and grab some more candy and a pop. I go in and grab my wallet it and my jacket. As I walk out I check myself in the mirror, I am in some cheap disco costume my mom managed to put together so I had something to wear. It was thus thin fake, starchy navy velvet material that had cheap aqua sequence things on it. My hair was slicked back with honey and a little but of water. I had thin black liner qns pale pink lips. Ibwqs suppose to be glam rocker but I looked like Elvis.

I walk down to the corner qnd enter the little shop. I walk to the candy isle grab seven dallors worth of candy. I grab a bag of mixed chocolates, a bag of mixed hard candies, and a bag of gummy candies. I walk to the counter laying the candy there. I cashier rings it as I take the candy and pay. I walk back to the house and enter.

As soon as I enter the bag of candy is torn from my hands and thrown ahead of me. I hear "Nice to see you ate all the candy and went to buy more." My apparently drunk dad screamed at me as he shakes the life out of me.

"No, I di..." is all I could get out before I was slammed against the wall with candy wrappers shoved in my face.

"Lies." He growls in low guttural way. Shoving the wrappers deeper into my face as he puches my nose. I can feel the blood start to rush out of my nose. The. Ther a another punch this one much harder and aimed at my left eyes. Before I can even process how I feel a third punch came and hit my right eye. The pain I feel was so bad. I an held there limp in my dad's other hand.

"Dad... please." I try to choke out as I his grip loses and I fall to the floor. I just lay there in tears in a pile of blood from broken nose. "Th th those wr wra wrapper are are from SC sch school. Www we had a a pa party today." I blearly manage to breath out. It's hard to speak with the pain I am feeling. I hope what I just said prevents a longer beating.

"Who told you you could rat that candy here in my house. You know you are not allowed to eat candy it will make you fatter then you already are." He smirks as he shift his leg back like he going to kick my already limo body. Try to move my arms so I can protect my face. I scream as close my eyes feeling the impact of his foot hit my side near my rib cage. The pain shoots up my back to my neck. Another kicks hit my ribs cage with another force that a hear a crack. The three more come in a row that hit my rib cage. I am pretty sure all my ribs are broken.

I feel the back I my shirt being lifted up as my dad puts my over his shoulder. He carries to down the hall. In my pai , I pray that he is not taking me to his office. His office ment that this beating was going to last a forever. God, please don't let it be the office. Let it be anything but I office.

I hear a door open and I except to be thrown down to the floor. But I don't see the usual gray walls. I see the pale blue color of my closet bedroom. Wait why are we here? I am thrown on my bed. I as I land I hit my head hard on the wall. I feel my head throbbed. I head dad kneel next to me. He grabs my hair. "Maybe next time you will think before you eat." He begins basging my head against the wall man time. I loose count after 20 blows. I feel my self losing the ability to think and stay awake.

I feel one last blow as I see him stand up in the red haze from the blood that running down my face. Then he Jenks his head back. I hear the sound of a door doing flung open. I hear voices and foot steps coming closer to me. I hear faintly hear a voice say something about getting up with your hand up. The I faintly see my dad get yanked up and an unfamiliar face kneel next to me as everything goes black.

[It is safe after this.]

I begin to cry remembering that night. I hate to remember that night. That was the night that I thought I would die. I was in so much pain.

Kyle pulls me into hug. "Adam... Adam, it's okay you don't need to share anymore." He pulls me closer and begins to rock side to side.

"Pl pla please, d do don't make me me go ba back there. I don't wa wa wanna g g go back. " I say in choppy chucks between tears and groans. I can still feel the pain in my ribs.

"Adam, breath for me. You are safe and are not doing back. Breath for me." Kyle says softly still rocking me. I take a deep breath in ans count to five. Then I breath out counting to five again. I do this until stop crying and my breathing is back to normal. I release myself from Kyle sit on the edge of the bench. I try to get my grip. This stuff is scary. I hate relive the memories. They are still so vivid in my mind.

"I hate these moments." I say looking down at the ground. I feel Kyle put his hand on .y shoulder.

Adam pov. End

--------------------------(<>)------------------------

Authors note:

This chapter was hard to wrote. I don't k ow what's it like to be treated like that, but I cried and has to take a breake many times.
I happy to have you guys get know the backgrounds of the characters.

Just a side note. After the black Adam was saved by a FBR. They has been watching for weeks.

Thanks and much love,
Kayla