Chapter 1

This chapter is dedicated to my good friend Victory, or as I call him when he isn't listening, Vicky ;). He gave me the idea for this chapter. Not like he actually knows that lol.
Love you!

PS: Chelsea are so last season.
#sorrynotsorry.

I walked leisurely along the sidewalk, kicking a pebble down the path.

The cold breeze tickled my cheeks and made me adjust my oversized hoodie and draw my beanie down my head.

Despite the fact that it was the middle of August, today was unusually cold. It looked like it might rain. I just hope it didn't, I didn't want to get soaked or worse, stuck in the school.

Beanies for me weren't just subject to cold weather, I wore them all the time, it was a thing for me, no matter the weather. Today, I sported a black beanie same colour as my skinny jeans, which I paired with my red hoodie and beat up red Chucks. I guess you could say red and black were my favourite colours.

Today was the first day of school, the start of my senior year, I should be happy, but instead I felt weary, I was most likely going to end up in a Law school somewhere, and that was not particularly exciting.

I walked through the gates of RedGrove High to see it practically bursting with life already. Just seeing all these students zapping around, trying to locate their locker, their friends or for some, their partners to make out with on the lockers was giving me headache. How was I supposed to find a short blonde in this crowd. Before I could talk myself into turning back, I heard a familiar voice screaming my name.

"Skylar!" She shouted. "Skylar, you better not be thinking of running away!"

Busted.

I reluctantly turned round to see my blonde companion barreling towards me, in heels.

Only you Jade.

Jade had been my best and only friend ever since my sophomore year. The only one who would want to befriend the shy nerd. Looking at her, she was everything.

Short but curvy, with a body to die for, popular, lively, beautiful and everything the guys wanted, they followed her around fighting and doing everything to get her attention, and she enjoyed it, she enjoyed it all. I on the other hand, would pass out from all the attention. But luckily for me, even though she was popular, she made sure not to forget me.

"It's Senior year Skye, get your ass in here, we're gonna have fun!" She squealed.

I groaned.

"Not so sure about that." I mumbled shooting laser eyes at the idiot who tried to trip me.

She gave me a look, I shrugged.

She sighed.

"Fine, but you should at least do something fun," She said.

I nodded.

We walked for a while before we split to go to our different classes, I had English up first, so I my books out of my locker and made my way to class.

Strolling in and muttering a "good morning" to the teacher, what was his name? Nibbs? Noah? Newcastle? Needles? Neo-

"Good morning Mr Nelson." Oh, I was way off.

Anyway, I slumped in my chair, arranging my books and adjusting my beanie. The teacher began rambling on about how we should have done some extra work over the holidays, and warning, more like threatening, us not to make this harder than it should be.