Chapter 9

Okay, who else loves Finneas?! I do! Okay, just me? Alright then.....

Clutching my baby girl to my chest, I tried my best to stare Anna down, but it was difficult when I was completely overcome with fear.

Now everyone knew, they all knew. Inside me, I felt like crying. I felt like bawling my eyes out and breaking into heart wrenching sobs. But instead, I put on my poker face. It was game time.

"You have a kid? I'm almost surprised. I thought you had standards but I knew a whore like you would, it was too obvious." Anastasia smirked with a wicked look in her eyes.

My daughter shouldn't hear this, she shouldn't even be in this situation, I felt more than  helpless at that moment.

Zayde steps forward, ignoring the dumbfounded looks on everyone's face, including mine, stroking my hair soothingly.

He whispers to me. "I'll take her by the playground. Okay?" I nod speechlessly, surprised by his thoughtfulness and kindness. He gives me a small smile and turned to Meadow.

"Meadow this is Zayde, he's going to take you for a while, is that okay?" I whispered.

"Okay." She nodded enthusiastically opening her arms for Zayde who picked her up and walked off without another glance.

I could certainly see the bond there but I didn't have the time to dwell on that, not then.

I looked back at the others to see them all gaping at me, Anastasia are practically fuming, shaking with rage and jealousy.

"You man stealing whore! I knew you were trying to get with him,, I just knew. You couldn't be trusted. Like the slut you are! I just knew!" She screeched.

I winced, not because of the insults, but because of her voice. Her terrible voice.

"Skylar you've got a kid? You've been lying to me?! Anna was right I can't trust you, you lying backstabbing pretentious bitch! You've been talking about how bad she is but you are no better. You're a liar Skylar! A big liar!!" Jade screeched, sounding more like Anastasia than I remembered.

What has she done to her?

I couldn't believe this, I mean I would be angry too, but who's proud of having a kid in high school? I thought she'd understand. I thought she would console me, not tear me down, crushing my heart.

"Jade." I said calmly, trying to reason with her. "I couldn't reveal it to you, it was my parents idea. Everything that happened was unplanned it wasn't my fault, I wouldn't have been able to handle the attention. I never really meant to hurt you, I was just protecting myself. I thought you would understand." I state. She growled.

"You're right I don't understand, I don't understand how such an evil liar could exist you lying excuse of a friend, and to think I trusted you, and told you everything!"

I staggered back like I was shot. I couldn't believe it.

"W-what?"

"You heard what I said. I wasted years of friendship on you when I could have hung out with Anastasia, she cares at least."

"Then why didn't you?!" I yelled.

"I pitied you, you were friendless. Thought you had potential, I was obviously so wrong." She spat. I reeled back in shock. I couldn't believe she was the one saying all this.

"See you ugly friendless bitch, no on-"

"Enough!" Someone roared, cutting Anastasia off and to my greatest shock, it's Nick.