Chapter 21

This song is so ironic isn't it.

Days passed, and those days
were the worst period of my life, seeing Zayde and Anastasia all coupley in the halls.

It broke my heart to see them like that, especially because Zayde told me he didn't like her anymore, he told me that he didn't like her attitude.

He told me I was special. That I was his Angel.

Then why isn't he with me? Why is he with her? I should have known that this the kind of person he'd be. I should have known.

Worst part is, he hasn't even looked at me once, almost as if he couldn't wait to get rid of me, like I was a bother to him all this while.

Then why did he talk to me? Why did he open up to me? Of all of the people in this school, how come he chose me? All those things he said, were they all meaningless, was all that we were meaningless? I know that he was sincere and truthful with me, then why did he do this? Make me open up and then crush my heart? Why did he pretend to care? Why did he call me his girl, stand up for me, take care of me and my daughter, why?

It was probably some shit plan between him and Anastasia, can't believe I fell for that. I can't believe I fell for him.

Screw you Zayde Archer.

I was in the bathrooms, throwing up. I couldn't stand them.

Zayde and Anastasia entered the hallway, hand in hand, Anna clutching his arm, making googly eyes at him. Zayde's face, blank, as always.

Since people already caught whiff of our relationship, I've been getting even more attention since we broke up. A few pitiful looks, triumphant smirks, jealous glares (the reason remains unknown to me), and venomous stares.

Not to mention all the whispers.

I felt like a wreck. But I wasn't alone.

Nicky and Nick have been giving Zayde the silent treatment, refusing to speak to him ever since they heard about what happened.

They don't even glance his way.

As much as I appreciated their support, I didn't want to be the reason their friendship got ruined, but they told me that anyone who did such a thing to me, is not worthy to be their friend.

Zayde is not worthy.

(A/N, sorry guys, I had to. Zayde is not worthy......to lift the hammer of Thor!!! Even Spidey was worthy, I think, do webs count?)

I wiped my mouth, disgusted at myself for feeling this way.

I was about to exit the stall when I heard people come in the bathroom.

I heard voices.

Anastasia.

Jade.

Another girl, Kaylynn I presume.

"You mean he proposed?" That was the Kaylynn girl.

"Yes! It was so romantic." Anastasia sighed dreamily. Wait, proposed?!

"OMG! That's so beautiful! You two are like, engaged now." Jade said. I hurt me to listen to her voice.

This whole conversation was hurtful.

But I couldn't stop listening.

"It was so romantic, there were like flowers, and roses, and there he was, one one knee as he asked me in the most romantic way possible to become his wife." Anastasia described.