Chapter 22

My second longest chapter yet.....this one is dedicated to sqweellium for being a consistent reader, and giving opinions.

They say the Christmas season is the most wonderful time of the year. The most magical time of the year, that you spend with your family, friends and loved ones, relishing in the Christmas spirit.

Well, that's a truck load of bullshit.

The weeks before Christmas was a horrible, terrible time, even with my brother, my parents Nana and Meadow with me.

Why?

One word.

Zayde.

Even though I hadn't interacted with him in weeks, and had barely even seen him before the holiday break, he still haunted me.

He was the reason I couldn't sleep at night, why the things that made me happy no longer gave me joy, why I moped around the house like a brokenhearted loser.

Cause I was a brokenhearted loser.

Broken by the boy who claimed to like me, who claimed to care. But he didn't, he probably thought it was all a joke. He probably even lied about me being his first kiss too.

Whatever.

Screw Zayde.

I couldn't care less.

Lies.

Well, it's much easier to lie to myself, the truth hurts like a bitch.

"Olivia, you know you have to get over him, you look depressed sweetie." Nana said, coming to stand at my doorway as she watched me rock Meadow to sleep.

No one in the house knew about Zayde except for Meadow, who was oblivious of everything, Nana who knew the moment I stepped into this house, and Steven because I told him, I couldn't hold back and I told him everything. Safe to say that if he ever crosses paths with Zayde, he's gonna rearrange his face.

Nana, didn't take any sides, but she feels like there's more to the story that meets the eye.

I beg to differ.

I sighed, setting her down. She's going to give me that talk. Again.

"That's because I am depressed." I snap, stepping away from Meadow's cot.

"It's Zayde isn't it." She smiles. I don't see what's so funny.

"Who the hell else?" I asked. She smiled, coming to stand next to me. She stroked my face and looked into my eyes, still smiling.

"What's so funny?" I grumbled.

"The fact that you pride yourself in having a being stone cold to anyone outside family but you're completely smitten with this boy."

"What? I'm still stone cold. I don't care about him."

Lies.

"You don't, maybe that's why you didn't go and check up on him ever since he broke his leg."

"He broke his leg?! Oh my God!" I yell, nearly waking Meadow up.

Nana smirks.

"He isn't injured, is he?" I ask rhetorically.

"Nope, but it's good to know you care, and I've seen you, you care so much about this boy, so much."

"I don't love him!" I blurt out. Nana smirks.