Chapter 17

It's been three weeks since our first date.

Zayde took me to a park for a picnic, he even cooked everything himself. It was then I found out he could play the guitar, he played me lots of beautiful songs. It was nice seeing a side of him people didn't get to see.

Since then, he's been wonderful, bringing me flowers and chocolates, carrying my books and sending me random notes.

In fact, everyday, he'd send me a note, telling me about how special I was, and how lucky he is to have me.

Anastasia has been usually quiet. I have been on edge ever since the confrontation in the hallway. But nothing, except for the occasional death stare. I'm honestly worried.

My parents and I, we've not been on good terms. We're ignoring each other. Okay, I'm ignoring them, childish I know, but I really just can't deal with them now. I need some time, to think.

Thinking time's over.

Today I've made up my mind to end my childish phase and just talk to my parents.

I feel like even though they know they've messed up by not being there, they still deserve a chance and ultimately they still care for me like any other parents would for their daughter.

And I want us to understand each other instead of just shutting each other out. And I know that at the end of day, they just want a good life for me and Meadow.

Knowing my parents are in the kitchen, I head over there and surprise them by taking a seat at the kitchen island.

Mum gives me a hesitant stare while dad just looks at me almost blankly.

"I'm ready to talk." I state with no emotion.

"Are you sure?" Mum said looking like she was nervous.

"Yeah I'm sure, we need to address this anyway." I say, crossing my arms.

Dad nods, pulling out a chair for mum, which she sits down on, taking his hand.

"I just want to start off by saying I'm sorry. I shouldn't have treated you guys this way, I overreacted and I apologise for that."

They nod.

"We're so sorry too amor, we've realised just how terrible we have been as parents. We didn't support you, we didn't help out with Meadow, we didn't even take into account what you must be going through. How much you suffered." Mum said, eyes red.

"And we haven't been there for you, instead fixing our will on yours,not letting you think k for yourself. We know that you are more than capable of taking care of yourself, otherwise, you wouldn't be here. We are supposed to guide you, but we haven't done that. We've made things worse. And we're deeply sorry, we hope to fix our mistakes and try again. " Dad said, rubbing his thumb over he knuckles.

"I see." I said.

"Honey, -"

"I've made a decision." I blurted out suddenly.

"You, you have?" I nodded.

"I'm going to change my course."

"Sweetie-"

"No, I've thought about this and I realised that to have a stable future, Law would be a better option. It won't be an issue since most of my subjects are Law oriented anyway. Maybe someday I can leave my dream about catering and Arts but for now I have to do this for Meadow and me."

Mum smiled coming to wrap your arms around me. "That was a very mature choice sweetie, we are very proud of you." She said laying a kiss on my head.

"We know how much you wanted this and we know how hard things have been for you. We haven't spend there and we're sorry, we promise to support you from now on." Dad added coming to join in the hug.