Chapter 18

"Wait, you use contacts?"

Zayde nods, grinning.

"Since the accident. My eyes have been acting up."

"How did I not notice?"

"They're contact lenses for a reason." He quips.

I turned to glare at him. "Prove it."

It was Saturday, the day of the party and we were currently in the city Library in Epston.

We had handed in our project two days before, and today we just decided to hang out, chill for a little.

Then Zayde told me the most shocking thing ever.

"Why do I need to prove it."

"Because, I think you're lying." I stated bluntly.

"Ouch Fluffy, ouch. After all we've been through-"

"It was one kiss."

"All the time we've been together."

"It's been like, five days."

"The beautiful sounds you made when I-"

"Do you really think the whole world is interested in that." I grumbled, fighting of the blush warming my cheeks.

"How soft your ar-"

"Zayde!"

"Okay, okay, I'll stop." By now, he was chuckling softly, clearly enjoying my misery.

"Just show me." I grunted.

He sighed. "Okay then."

He turned away from me slightly, pulling out the contacts. Obviously, they weren't the source of his eye colour, cause it still remained the same stormy grey and dangerous green.

He reached into his backpack, pulling out a glass case. And to my surprise, inside were glasses. Actual glasses, with actual lenses, okay, forget I said that.

Gulping slightly, he put them on, pushing them up the bridge of his nose.

"Believe me now Fluffy?"

Speechless.

The glasses were weird on him, but that was because they were foreign to me. It made him look different, less depressing, more approachable. And then I instantly know why he uses contacts.

"I look like a geek." He snorted.

"No, you look hot."

"Like computer tech guy hot?" He asked dryly.

"No, like Tom Holland's Peter Parker hot." I say.

He gives me a blank stare. "I really don't know which is worse." He grumbled.

"Hey," I said turning him to face me again. "You may look geeky, or nerdy, but you're still the smartest Zayde I like, you're still the same devastatingly hot devil."

He grinned cheekily.

"Am I now?" He questioned, leaning closer.

"Yep. The glasses just make you look friendly, you're not any less hot. And even though you may look like a geek, you're my geek, mine! I don't share." I say, bopping his nose.

His lips twitched.

"Thank you Fluffy, you're amazing." He said pulling me into a hug.

"I know." I said when we pulled away, tossing my hair over my shoulder.