Hilltop

After hearing what Jesus said we load up the RV and get ready to go with him. We finally get everything ready and head out. I'm sitting beside Glenn, "hey can I ask you something?" Abraham asks Glenn. They lean into each other "when you were uh, pouring the Bisquick, we're you trying to make pancakes?" Abraham asks. I snort and look at them "uh.. yes?" Glenn says confused then looks at Maggie. "Oh ok umm.. it's something that we talked about yeah. Why?" "No, I just.. well giving the precarious state of affairs on any given Sunday, I am damn near floored that you or anyone else would have the cojones to make a call like that." "I mean well we're trying to build something, me and her. All of us." "For the record I see rain coming, I'm wearing galoshes. I double up." Abraham says. "Abraham I've never heard that bisquick joke I might have to take that one from you." I say laughing.
We start slowing down "hey Rick what's going on?" Daryl asks. "We got a crash ahead. It looks like it just happened." We pull up beside it and Jesus pops out saying it's one of his. We get out and Rick points a gun to him "if this is a trick, it won't end well for you." "My people are in trouble. They don't- we don't have a lot of fighters. I know how it looks, but I'll play it out. Can I borrow a gun?" "No. We got tracks right here." Daryl says and we follow the tracks to a house. "They got to be here." Jesus says. "We moving in or what?" Abraham ask. "How do we know this aint firecrackers in a trash can?" Daryl asks. "You don't" "we'll get your people. You're staying here with one of us" we head inside and Maggie stays with Jesus. I pull out my sword as we make our way slowly thought the house. I follow Rick and Michonne and we come up on a room "come on out. We're friends of Jesus. We're here to get you out." Michonne says. "There any more of you?" I ask. "Two more. They ran ahead."
We get everyone out and head back to the RV. I sit in the back beside Maggie. "Names Harlan by the way." The man says. "Maggie, that's my husband Glenn, and this is my best friend Y/N." "We're bringing back medication, so you may have saved more people than just us back there Glenn." Harlan says. "Your a doctor?" Glenn asks. "Yeah that's right." "You have any prenatal vitamins in there?" Glenn asks. Harlan looks to Maggie "for you?" And she nods her head "well uh I was an obstetrician before, and I most definitely owe you. So I'd say you two just hit the jackpot." I smile and nudge Maggie.
"Damn it, a storm must have passed through. We're stuck." I hear Rick say. "No worries we're here." Jesus says. We all get out of the rv, "that's us that's the hilltop" We follow him to the gate. This guy pops up "stop right there." Everyone raises their gun "you gonna stop us?" Daryl asks. "Jesus what is this?" "Open the gates, Cal. Freddie's hurt. Look sorry about these guys. They get antsy standing up there all day doing nothing." "They give up the weapons then we'll open the gates." Harlan steps up "gentlemen look we vouch for these people all right? They saved us out there." "Look I'm not taking any chances. Tell your guy Gregory to come out." Rick says. "No, don't you see what just happened. I'm letting you keep your guns. Look we ran out of ammo months ago. I like you people I trust you. Trust us." Jesus says. They finally open the gates and we walk in. They have all kinds of things here, it's beautiful. I follow closely behind Daryl, "there was a materials yes for power company nearby. That's how we put up the walls. A lot of people came from a FEMA camp. Trailers came with them." "How do you keep people out of this place?" Michonne asks. "That's Alex Barrington house. The family that owned it gave it to the state in the 30s. The state turned it into a living history museum. Every elementary school for 50 miles used to come here for frills trips. The place was running a long time before the modern world build up around it.I think people came here because they figured it would keep running after the modern world broke down. Those windows up there let us see for miles in every direction. It's perfect for security. Come on I'll show you inside." "Jesus you'll have to bring me up to those windows one day." I say laughing. We follow him inside the house, as soon as we step in I'm in awe. It's so beautiful, "all the rooms have been converted to living spaces. Even the ones that weren't bedrooms." "People live here and the trailers?" Rick asks. "We plan to build theres babies being born." I door opens and a man comes out "Jesus your back." He smiles and looks at all of us "with guests" "everyone this is Gregory. He keeps the trains running in time around here." "I'm the boss." Gregory says. I already don't like this guy, "well I'm Rick. We have a community-" Gregory cuts him off "why don't y'all go get cleaned up hmm?" "I think we're just fine." I say with a little bit of sassiness behind it. "Jesus will show you where you can get washed up. Then come back down here when you're ready." He kinda gets up in ricks face. "It's hard to keep this place clean." "Follow me." Jesus says. We follow him upstairs. Me, Daryl and Abraham are waiting around. "How long do y'all think Rick and Michonne have been bumping uglies?" Abraham asks us. I laugh slightly "I don't know." Daryl says. "You ever think about it? Settling down?" He asks Daryl. Daryl looks at me and then back to Abraham. "You think shits settled?" Daryl asks and walks away. "He's a tuff one to talk to yea?" Abraham looks at me. "Sometimes." "You and him ever think about having a pup like Maggie and Glenn?" I shake my head "nope, my mother passed away when she had me why wouldn't I do the same if I have one." "I'm sorry." "Even if I wanted one I doubt Daryl would want one so it's out of the question." We walk out to ricks and Jesus talking. This guy bust through the door and Gregory comes out "what's wrong?" Gregory asks. "Their back" and they walk outside and we follow. "Nathan what happened to everyone else? Wheres Tim and Marsha?" "They're dead." "Negan?" "Yeah." "We had a deal." "He said it wasn't enough. Was the drop of life." "No." "They still have Craig." "They said they'd keep him alive, return him to us, if I deliver a message to you." "So tell me." Gregory says. The man puts his arm on his shoulder "I'm sorry" the man stabs Gregory in the stomach. Rick grabs him and I hold Gregory's wound. Rick kills the guy that stabbed Gregory, everyone's looking at him "what?" He says. "Nathan! You killed him. He tried to kill Gregory then me." A girl punches Rick and Michonne puts her down. I help Gregory to his feet and to the medical tent. I walk back to the house to the discussion about what just happened. Jesus tells us about this Negan guy that likes to take things from people. We offer him a deal if we take out negan they'll hook us up. "Gregory is up he wants to talk to Maggie."
Gregory takes the deal, and we get stuff. We load up the rv and Maggie pulls me over into the medical tent. Harlan takes an ultrasound of her stomach and we start to hear a heart beat. I smile and look at them, we soon head home. I'm laying up against Daryl and Glenn passes around the pictures of the ultrasound. I show daryl the pictures and smile. Can't believe two of my best friends are having a baby.

           >>>Don't be a silent reader<<<
                                  VOTE⭐️
                           COMMENT💬