MINI-SHORT: "Baby Peridot's Video Blog"

On this particular day in their colorful playroom, Baby Peridot was getting her trusty tablet all set up sitting up against a stack of pillows and opening the Video Recorder app on the screen so she could begin filming her very first video blog for the internet. She was very excited to try it out for the first time and was sure that it would work out great. So Baby Peridot tapped the Record icon, scooted back a couple inches and began talking into the camera.

“Greetings, fellow internet users.” Baby Peridot greeted as she waved to the camera. “I, the great and lovable Peridot, welcome you to my first ever video blog. Now I've seen some of you cyber-humans do these before, so I decided to start one of my own. To start things off, I want to show you all one of my favorite things here in the playroom.”

Baby Peridot quickly headed over to the crib she shares with Baby Lapis and Baby Bismuth and grabbed the large green-colored alien plush with a red bowtie and matching top hat. She gave it a heartfelt smile and headed back to where her tablet was sitting.

“This here is my favorite toy, it's colored green just like myself, but not as good looking as the great Peridot.” Baby Peridot proclaimed as she held the alien toy close to the tablet, giving the viewers a closer look at it. “I got it at this arcade machine not too long ago and I've been playing with it ever since…”

“Hey, Peridot! What are you doing?” Baby Lapis asked, interrupting the video call in the process.

“I'm trying to make a video blog over here, Lazuli.” Baby Peridot answered with an annoyed tone at the ocean blue baby. “And I would appreciate it if you didn't inter…”

“Whoa! A video blog! Mind if I join you?” Baby Lapis asked excitedly as she crawled up next to her.

“Well… I guess that would be alright…” Baby Peridot muttered with an unsure tone as she allowed her to help her out. “But I'm in the middle of telling my audience about my toy…”

“Hi there everyone. I'm Lapis Lazuli.” Baby Lapis stated as she nudged her way into camera view. “I like swimming in the pool, playing in the bathtub, making pottery out of Play-Doh, finger-painting…”

“Lapis Wait! This is my video blog!” Baby Peridot cried in annoyance, before she would get interrupted again.

“A video blog?! Wait for me you guys. I wanna be a part of it.” Baby Amethyst yelled from afar while she was playing with a bouncy ball.

“I wanna help too.” Baby Steven added as he had a cheerful smile on his face and joined them.

And sure enough, after he joined the recording session, Baby Pearl, Baby Bismuth and Toddler Garnet ended up being part of the session. They all were showing their favorite toys, the drawings they made and were all talking at the same time, not knowing that they were leaving Baby Peridot out. It made the small green baby sad and hurt. She went off to the side, hugged her alien plush close, and whimpered sadly.

Luckily, Baby Steven saw her off to the side alone feeling left out in her own video. So he got up on his two feet and walked up to her to see what was upsetting to the sad green baby.

“Peridot?” Baby Steven asked with slight concern. “You look upset, are you okay?” 

“No, Steven I'm not okay I'm DEFINITELY not okay” Baby Peridot responded while constantly wiping her tears away from her eyes. “I wanted to do a video blog for everyone to watch on the internet. But you and the Gems just took over and left me out.”

“Really?” Baby Steven gasped in realization as he patted the crying baby’s back. “I'm sorry, Peridot. We didn't know that it was your idea.” 

“It's okay, Steven.” Baby Peridot understood while giving him a soft sigh. “I know you guys wanted to be a part of it. If only there was a way for us to be in it and for me to be the star.”

“Hmm…” Baby Steven thought to himself, before getting an idea for a solution. “Wait! I got an idea!”

For the next few minutes, Baby Steven tells the Baby Gems his idea for how Baby Peridot can do her video blog and how they can be a part of it. And after careful planning, Baby Peridot tapped the Record icon on the screen again to begin her second attempt.

“Okay, take two.” Greg said as he held up the tablet and motions for Baby Peridot to start her introduction.

“Greetings, fellow internet users.” Baby Peridot greeted as she waved to the camera again. “I, the great and lovable Peridot, welcome you to my first ever video blog. And joining me are a few special guests… ALL MY FRIENDS!!!”

Upon saying those words, she would then take just a couple steps back as she revealed to the audience the other Baby Gems standing right beside her, who were,, in her words, the GREATEST bunch of friends that this little green bean has ever had. All of them gave the camera a bunch of adorable waves and very cute giggles as it would soon become one of the cutest video blogs ever online, resulting in HUNDREDS of views. And on that day, all of the Baby Gems learned that everyone should be included in whatever you do, especially with very close friends.