MINI-SHORT: "Baby Gem Karaoke!"

On this particular day in the Beach House living room, Baby Steven, his friend Baby Connie, along with Toddler Garnet, Baby Pearl and Baby Amethyst, were spending their usual playtime doing something brand new… singing karaoke together. While the others were getting set up to sing their little hearts out, Baby Connie was adjusting the video camera to face towards them and the living room couch.

“I'm recording.” Baby Connie told them as she turned to see the Baby Gems picking a song.

“Thanks, Connie!” Baby Steven replied while reading the song list. “Okay, it's 5-6-3-8-3.”

“5, 6, 3, 8, 3…” Baby Pearl repeated while she was typing those same numbers on Baby Peridot's tablet, which they're borrowing for the time being.

“Come on. Play the song, P!” Baby Amethyst groaned as she watched her type in the number code. “I can't waits no mores!”

“Amethyst, I'm trying.” Baby Pearl answered as she looked towards Baby Steven. “Steven, are you sure that's the right number? I keep typing it in, but it doesn't seem to be playing.”

“Oh, you need to hit the Start button.” Baby Steven stated as he looked at the confused baby.

“Ahh... I see.” Baby Pearl said as she pressed that very button, causing an instrumental version of Haven't You Noticed (I'm a Star) to begin playing on the tablet.

“Yes!” Baby Steven cheered with excitement as he quickly picked up a toy microphone. “Connie, the song's starting!”

“Actually, you guys just go on ahead.” Baby Connie told the excited baby as the song started up.

”Are you sure?” Baby Steven said, looking at his friend while wondering why she doesn't want to join them.

“It's fine.” Baby Connie “Someone's gotta hold the camera, right?”

“Oh. Alright.” Baby Steven understood before clearing his throat to take his first go at the mic.

I can't help it if I make a scene, 
Stepping out of my hot pink limousine. 

“Yeah, Baby boi!” Baby Amethyst exclaimed while Baby Pearl picked up a toy tambourine and began playing along with him.

I'm turning heads and I'm stopping traffic. When I pose, they scream, and when I joke, they laugh. 

As they were continuing to make great music together, Baby Amethyst decided to give it a go as she instantly grabbed another toy microphone that was nearby and joined Baby Steven in tune.

I've got a pair of eyes that they're getting lost in.
They're hypnotized by my way of walking, 

“Oh, you two.” Baby Pearl chuckled upon seeing them singing a duet together.

Suddenly Toddler Garnet grabbed the microphone from Baby Amethyst and continued from where she left off.

I've got them dazzled like a stage magician,  When I point, they look, and when I talk, they listen, well, 

Baby Pearl decides to take a swing at it and grabs the microphone from Baby Steven and starts to sing the next part.

Everybody needs a friend.
And I've got you and you and you,
So many, I can't even name them.
Can you blame me? I'm too famous.

“Connie?” Baby Steven asked as she turned the camera towards him, who was now standing next to her. “Connie, come on! The best part's coming up.”

“Oh, it's fine, you guys are already doing a great job.” Baby Connie said, still not feeling up to joining in and singing along.

“Come on, it's your turn!” Baby Steven insisted, holding out his mic to her with a smile.

“Are you sure?” Baby Connie asked hesitantly, looking a bit iffy about the idea of her singing with them.

“Yeah, go on!” Baby Steven encouraged with an excited tone. “Have fun!”

“Okay!” Baby Connie exclaimed as Baby Steven turned over the camera while Toddler Garnet handed her the toy microphone. “Thanks, Garnet!”

Haven't you noticed that I'm a star?
I'm coming into view as the world is turning. Haven't you noticed I made it this far? 
Now, everyone can see me burning.

As she sang along with the others, Baby Connie did a dramatic pose on the coffee table. Baby Steven turned the camera around to capture himself, Baby Connie, and the Baby Gems as they all sang the final part together as one.

Now, everyone can see me burning.

After the song was over, Everyone of the Baby Gems started cheering and laughing together after their first performance.

“Connie, what a finale!” Baby Pearl complimented as she clapped her little hands.   

“Thanks, Pearl!” Baby Connie replied while blushing with flattery.

“You're a karaoke beast!” Baby Amethyst stated, while flexing her little baby muscles.

“Aww, thanks, you guys. I really...” Connie said before being interrupted.   

The song was starting up again, but why?

“Uhh, Pearl? Baby Amethyst questioned. “How many times did you enter the song before hitting Start?”

“Probably about… 15 times?” Baby Pearl answered with a confused look at the purple Baby Gem.

Suddenly, Baby Connie confidently lifted the microphone into the air, as she was up for another performance.

“Encore!” Baby Connie yelled with excitement.

“Yeah!” Baby Steven followed with his thrilled best friend.

Even though Baby Connie did feel a little bit nervous about singing with her friends in the beginning. But in the end, after giving it a try, she ended up LOVING being able to sing her cares and worries away. The Baby Gems and Baby Steven were really glad that she was willing to try something new and learn that she loves it. Not only did they discover that all people have music inside them, but also that trying something new can be very exciting.