S1 Ep 2: "A Tiny T-Shirt"

One very important item that made Baby Steven one of the most recognizable little buddies in all of Beach City was his trusty shirt. Everywhere he went, people loved seeing his cute little smile, along with his bright-red t-shirt with the proud yellow star embroidered proudly with his little pink gemstone shining on his belly. But the shirt actually had... a very special purpose, which was something that Baby Steven wasn't aware of just yet.

Many months ago, before the Baby Gems came to Earth and before he even met Baby Connie, Baby Steven was still, however, just as loveable and huggable as you could imagine. But unlike his current self, he had a few new developments back when he was 9 months old, which was a very common event for babies around his younger age.

On this particular day, his father, Greg, was giving his little son some very good care by giving him his usual afternoon bubble bath, washing his puffy hair with tear-free baby shampoo, as well as putting him in a new diaper. Now, he was a very happy and clean little baby boy, which was much to Greg's satisfaction.

"There ya go, schtu-ball!" Greg smiled proudly as he placed him down on his two tiny feet, before tumbling down to the floor on his knees. "Clean as a whistle!"

Luckily, Baby Steven wasn't hurt by his sudden fall as he just let out an infectious giggle, which was just as adorable for Greg to witness as he picked him up into his arms and blew a raspberry on one of his ticklish cheeks to result in more sweet giggles.

Later on that day, Baby Steven was sitting in his living room playpen, passing the time away as he was having some fun with his toys or chewing his toes. While he did that, being as sweet as he could be, Greg was hard at work on carrying some cardboard boxes with some of his old stuff to transfer to his storage unit. Inside these boxes were the things he kept from the time he was becoming an inspiring-rockstar, along with some stuff from his own childhood.

"Whew!" Greg said while catching his breath after lifting tons of boxes from inside to his van. "Man, these things must weigh a TON!"

After he stacked the boxes on top of each other, Greg opened the back doors of his special van, so he could put his boxes in the back. All of a sudden, one of the doors knocked a small box off the tower and landed in the sand, pouring out what was stored inside it.

"Oh, jeez!" Greg realized as he went to pick up the contents and the box they were kept in off the sand.

Without any hesitation, he proceeded to clean up the mess that the small box made, which was minor, of course. But this was crucial to him, because he needed to make sure it was perfect for his trip to his storage unit.

But as he was recollecting what dropped, he suddenly discovered something from a very long time ago when he was just a 22 year old man. It was a little red shirt. With a yellow star on it. It was one of the many unsold merchandise he had in his rock n' roll days, alongside his CDs, pins and shirts.

"Hey!" Greg gasped in surprise as he grabbed the shirt and observed it closely. "I haven't seen one of these in FOREVER! I almost forgot I had these in stock! I think it MIGHT be about Steven's size?!"

Upon having a further and a more detailed look, it looked like that indeed was the size to fit Baby Steven. This gave Greg a very clever idea.

"Wait a minute..." Greg thought to himself. "I wonder what Steven will think of this?"

So, before he could proceed with his storage unit belongings, he decided to head back into the Beach House and give it an experimental try to see how his tiny son would look in the nostalgic shirt for the former musicman. When he got back inside, he found Baby Steven snuggling with his large stuffed pink-colored lion toy before he turned to see his father.

"Da da!" Baby Steven babbled adorably while reaching his tiny hands out to him, wanting to be held.

"There you are!" Greg chuckled as he ruffled his son's curly hair.

"What that, dada?" Baby Steven questioned while wondering what he had with him.

"Something I found." Greg explained while revealing the small shirt to his son. "I think it may fit you."

"Ooh!" Baby Steven gasped with a big smile on his adorable face. "Lemme see! Lemme see!"

"Want me to help you put it on, kiddo?" Greg asked politely.

"Yes, pwease." Baby Steven replied adorably.

"Okay then!" Greg smiled as he proceeded to carefully pick up his infant son.

He then placed him on his two tiny feet as his son's tiny toes wiggled against the wooden floor. In fact, he even helped him stand up straight while Baby Steven tried to maintain his balance by using his little feet to do so. And very carefully, Greg started to slowly place the brand new kid-sized t-shirt onto his body for the very first time. Baby Steven put his little arms through the two sleeves and then popped his curly-haired head out through the collar. Afterwards, Greg looked... and was in complete awe.

"Look... at... you!" Greg exclaimed in awe as he smiled with pure joy. "You look SO CUTE in that shirt, kiddo!"

"I do?" Baby Steven asked as he looked down at his new shirt and soon gave a small, but very sweet giggle, meaning that he likes it.

"Yeah!" Greg heartily answered before he slowly picked up his son again and held him in his arms. "Here ya go, schtu-ball. Upsy daisy!"

"Up! Up!" Baby Steven giggled.

"I'm glad that you love your new shirt." Greg admitted.

"Thank you, dada." Baby Steven smiled as he blushed from ear to ear before he started playing with his father's long hair.

"Whoa!" Greg chuckled. "Easy, schtu-ball! That's my hair you got there!"

Later on that same afternoon Baby Steven got a bit tired after playing all day. As a result, Greg decided to put him down for a nap in his crib. Baby Steven helped himself fall asleep by sucking his tiny thumb and curling up in his new shirt like a little ball. As he looked at the heartwarming sight, Greg placed his favorite blanket down, resulting in a very cute smile from the peacefully sleeping little baby boy. And that new shirt would stick with Baby Steven for many months to come in his still-new life.