MINI-SHORT "A Baby Gem Mobile!"

It's a dark and quiet evening, crickets are chirping outside on the sandy beach, and inside the Beach House, the Baby Gems were all snug as a litter of bugs in a rug. Baby Steven was curled up in a little ball while sucking on his favorite bedtime pacifier and wrapped up in his blanket like a burrito, dreaming happy dreams.

Meanwhile, Baby Amethyst was trying out a few comfortable positions, since she's having some trouble falling asleep. When she gave up and finally opened her eyes, she caught sight that it seems Baby Pearl and Toddler Garnet also slightly have trouble sleeping too. Curious, Baby Amethyst quietly crawled over to them.

"Garnet? Pearl? What are you doing up awake? I thought you were asleep," Baby Amethyst questioned as she approached them.

Baby Pearl was the first to respond and finally gave up searching for a way to sleep. She was laying on her back with a white fluffy blanket in her arms, her head turning upward to see Baby Amethyst upside down in her vision.

"Oh, Amethyst! Having trouble sleeping too?" Baby Pearl figured with a small frown.

"Yeah…" Baby Amethyst answered boredly while letting out a small sigh.

"I guess I am too," a sudden voice answered as well, which turned out to be Toddler Garnet getting up unexpectedly and sitting down with her two friends.

"What about, Steven?"  Baby Amethyst wondered as they all turned to the hybrid, who's looking very comfortable in his slumber.

"Steven's still sound asleep," Toddler Garnet stated. "We better make sure we keep it down for him."

Baby Pearl and Baby Amethyst both gently nodded in agreement.

"But… how are we gonna get back to sleep?" Baby Amethyst quietly asked their baby fusion leader. 

"I can see us quietly playing for a little while with whatever's in the crib." Toddler Garnet predicted, using her future-vision powers. "It'll help us use up whatever energy we have left and drift off to sleep."

"Good for me! I'ma play with my new race car!" Baby Amethyst murmured with eagerness as she went off to go get the purple race car figurine.

"Okay, but remember, we have to be quiet so we won't wake up Steven," Baby Pearl reminded Baby Amethyst with slight worry at how excited she is in the middle of the night.

"Come on, Pearl. I can read you a story," Toddler Garnet offered, holding out her little magenta hand.

"Ooh, sure! Sounds good. I just hope Amethyst won't be reckless at this time," Baby Pearl agreed at the suggestion before turning back to Baby Amethyst again who finally got her toy car.

"She won't," Toddler Garnet simply reassured and they went over to grab a book of simple stories left on the nightstand beside their crib.

Sometime later, Baby Amethyst was, very quietly, moving her car back and forth across the bedspread while making very soft 'vroom' noises. As she was doing that, Toddler Garnet was reading Baby Pearl, one of the stories in her book. The one she was reading to her was one about a loving gardener taking care of her son in the middle of the woods.

It was a fun story that Baby Pearl barely didn't feel like sleeping yet. However, just before they could make it to the most exciting part… 

Ding…ding…ding…ding

Baby Pearl noticed something move above her vision, along with a faint like a bell sound. Baby Pearl never noticed it very often when she and the other Baby Gems were taking a nap or sleeping at night. Besides, mobiles need to be moved right? Wind barely enters this house since the lack of open and closed windows.

"Pearl? Pearl… What are you looking at?" Toddler Garnet asked her.

"Oh! I just thought I heard something and spotted this mobile." Baby Pearl answered with a soft smile on her cute face. "It looks pretty cute, it's theme sort of reminds me of us."

Toddler Garnet looks up and eventually spots the mobile. Baby Pearl was right, it is kinda cutely themed like them. There were stars and a crescent moon, even a little cookie cat. All of them glowing in the dark. But what mostly spots their eye is the rose-colored gemstone shaped like Baby Steven's mom's, a Rose Quartz.

"Woahhh..." Baby Amethyst gasped in amazement, spotting the mobile as well, as she crawled over to join her two friends.

They all just sat there in a group, listening and watching the mobile slowly spin. Baby Amethyst even tries to reach for the dangling toys, making the mobile spin more a bit by the gust of motion and having them hear the sound humming a familiar melody.

We are the Crystal Gems

We'll always save the day

And if you think we can't

We'll always find a way

That's why the people of this world believe in

Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl, and...

"Steven!" Baby Steven yelled out randomly in a habit only to later try to process what just happened now that he suddenly woke up.

Baby Steven looked around, suddenly feeling a bit cold when he saw his gem friends were nowhere near him. But he later spots them piled up together, sleeping. He smiles and crawls over to join them, a calming sound like a music box tempting him for some shut eye, he didn't even have time to question where it came from before he fastly goes to sleep.