S1 Ep 3: "To Tell the TOOTH!"

In his 1 ½ year long life so far, Baby Steven Universe has been discovering the many events about growing up, from learning to recite the alphabet, trying to read on his own, transitioning from bottles to sippy cups, getting dressed all by himself and even slowly learning to use the toilet and give up his diapers for underwear. And now that he has his friends, the Baby Gems by his side, they are always there to encourage him to keep on trying and not give up, but on this particular day in their playroom, Baby Steven was about to face another part of growing up.

It all started earlier in the day at the Beach House, Greg, Steven's loving father, was working on a new song that he was doing for an album he was creating. Baby Steven was crawling around the living room and then he looked at the long curving tube-slide which he attempted to climb up through to get to the playroom.

"Come on! Come on!" Baby Steven said with determination as he continued to climb his way to the top. "You can make it!"

Meanwhile, the Baby Gems were up in the playroom that Baby Steven is trying to get to. Baby Pearl was finger-painting very carefully at a nearby kid-sized plastic table, Toddler Garnet was chilling on a beanbag with a storybook about cats, and Baby Amethyst... was bored out of her mind and wondering where Baby Steven was.

"Man! Where the heck is Steven at?!" Baby Amethyst groaned with complete boredom. "I REALLY wanna play with him!"

"He's probably with Greg, Amethyst." Baby Pearl responded as she smeared some blue paint on the picture she was making. "He's not going to appear out of thin air if you keep groaning and moa..."

But she was suddenly interrupted by strange sounds that came out of nowhere. She then noticed that they were heard from inside the tube-slide as they seemed to get louder and louder by whatever was inside it. Luckily, it caused Baby Peridot to wake up from her nap on a nearby pillow on the floor and wondered what was going on, so she decided to look inside it and see what was causing the noises being made.

"Let's see what's going on in there..." Baby Peridot stated as she peaked into the entrance of the tube-slide.

It was VERY dark and ominous as she looked down into the slide, unable to see anything. But to make it much more ominous, the noise got EVEN LOUDER!

"Was something coming up the slide?" Baby Peridot thought as she squinted her eyes and adjusted her visor to help her see through the darkness in the slide.

"Almost... there..." a tired voice said to itself inside the dark slide.

Suddenly, a small hand grabbed the end of the slide. It scared Baby Peridot when it appeared from the plastic interior. She fell on her bottom, scooted away from it and hid behind the beanbag chair where Toddler Garnet was sitting.

"Hello, Steven." Toddler Garnet smiled as she continued reading her book.

Baby Peridot looked confused at Toddler Garnet, just as the owner of that hand came up the slide and sat down on the edge as it was revealed to be, in fact, Baby Steven.

"Hi, Garnet!" Baby Steven replied, feeling quite tired from his climbing.

"Oh, thank the stars! it's just you, Steven!" Baby Peridot sighed in relief. "For a moment there, we thought something strange and scary was coming towards us! But it's just you."

"It's alright, Peridot." Baby Steven understood as he gave a small giggle.

"DUDE! You did not just climb the whole slide!" Baby Amethyst exclaimed joyfully as she crawled to him and sat up on her bottom. "I usually make it halfway before getting tired!"

Baby Steven felt so content by Baby Amethyst's kind comment that his cheeks blushed softly. He then proceeded to put his hands on his hips and flex since he was proud of himself for his climbing accomplishments and gave a small, but cute, smile.