MINI-SHORT: "The Bedtime Dilemma"

As another part of everyday life on Earth, the entire planet spins around across the entire day, meaning that the sun and the moon shine across the land at different times. But in Beach City, the sun was beginning to set as another day for the Baby Gems has been completed in Beach City. It was beginning to grow dark outside with the sun setting over the warm orange-colored ocean that surrounded the small beachside town, and the Beach House was no exception.

Inside that said building, the Baby Gems all had a pretty packed day of fun as they all played a few made-up games, got some usage from their favorite toys, watched a few videos on Baby Peridot's tablet, had a couple snacks and lots of other stuff. After Baby Steven had gotten his bath, along with Baby Amethyst and Baby Lapis, just for the experience, and all were in their adorable footie-pajamas for the night. Greg helped them into the cribs and gave them each a kiss on their foreheads. 

“Sweet dreams, little ones.” Greg said to them, giving them all a smile as he flicked off the light, and leaving the room.

And so, after Greg walked off to sleep in the living room, Baby Steven and the Baby Gems all got snuggly and settled in or the night as they began their rest for another fun day tomorrow while the bright-green glow-in-the-dark star stickers that were placed all over the wall and ceiling in the playroom shined down on them. 

At the start, all was peaceful and very quiet with each of them having their own dreams. Baby Steven was dreaming about him and his friends as little angel babies flying across the clouds, Baby Pearl had a dream of putting on a ballet show for the entire world to see, Baby Amethyst was in a land filled with delicious cookies and very sweet candy. Toddler Garnet had a very adorable playdate with Baby Ruby and Sapphire, Baby Lapis had a little fish companion by her side, Baby Bismuth was a professional constructor, and Baby Peridot was a very smart little Baby Gem, solving a very complicated equation.

However, just when the night was just perfect and calm… Baby Pearl suddenly felt cold as she shivered a little bit while whimpering softly. She HATED feeling like this whenever she was asleep both in the day or night. In fact, she was shivering so much that it woke her up, just a tad. 

Baby Pearl then turned to see Toddler Garnet not too far away, sleeping on her two special pillows, which were shaped just like her little red and blue gemstones, and sucking her thumb. She soon wanted to see if she could help her warm up a bit. As a result, she scooted closer to Toddler Garnet and gently shook her to wake her up.

“Psst. Garnet?” Baby Pearl quietly whispered to her, trying to get her attention. “Are you awake? Garnet?”

Luckily, she managed to wake her up as Toddler Garnet slowly opened her eyes and rubbed one of them as her blurry vision cleared away to see Baby Pearl looking at her.

“Pearl? What're you doing?” Toddler Garnet asked as she saw her. “Shouldn't you be asleep?”

“Well… yes. I should be.” Baby Pearl answered while twiddling her thumbs. “But… I started feeling chilly again. Would you mind if I sleep here with you?”

“Sure, Pearl.” Toddler Garnet smiled adorably as she let out a tiny yawn. “Now, let's try and get some sleep.”

And so, as Baby Pearl carefully laid across Toddler Garnet's back, she got herself comfortable as they both gently closed their eyes and drifted off to sleep, just like they did a couple of minutes earlier.

Meanwhile, Baby Amethyst was sleeping in the oddest position, slouching upside-down on the frame of the crib. She had her pacifier in her mouth to soothe her. Baby Amethyst eventually woke from her slumber, uncomfortable with where she was snoozing and began to feel a bit cranky, so she scooted her small lavender body around looking for a new spot. That was until she accidentally butted into both Toddler Garnet and Baby Pearl stacked on top of each other.