S1 Ep 1: "Baby's FIRST Gem Glow" (A NEW Version of "Gem Glow")

Two weeks have passed since the events of Baby Steven and Baby Connie meeting the Baby Gems for the very first time after they arrived on Earth from different parts of the universe to save themselves from Baby Jasper and her clan of Baby Rubies from Homeworld. It may have been a rollercoaster for all of them, but things were all well in the end as amends were made, making them all friends for eternity.

But as time went by one day, Baby Steven, Baby Amethyst and Baby Peridot were all watching an episode of Baby Steven's favorite animated TV show, Crying Breakfast Friends! on Baby Peridot's recently-bought tablet. Specifically in this cartoon, Crying Pear accidentally dropped his ice cream cone on the floor, making he and Sad Spoon start crying. Bawling Bacon soon arrived on the scene and noticed the mishap for a short while and started crying as well. Baby Steven just felt sorry for them, which was understandable for the show... but Baby Amethyst and Baby Peridot were VERY confused about it.

"I don't get this cartoon, man!" Baby Amethyst moaned as she sat upside down on a beanbag chair. "Why don't they just eat that ice cream off the floor?! They don't have to CRY about it!"

"Exactly!" Baby Peridot added as she threw her arms outwards suggesting towards the screen.

"Don't cry, Crying Pear!" Baby Steven exclaimed at the sad animated fruit on the program. "If I had an ice cream, I would let you have it!"

"Steven, relax." Baby Amethyst told her concerned friend. "It's just a cartoon. I mean... who would want to watch a show about people crying?!"

"I would!" Baby Steven stated with his two eyes watering on his little baby face.

Just then, a sound of a door opening was heard through the plastic tube-slide that would lead downstairs. Baby Steven's father, Greg Universe, just came back home from the grocery store with some stuff that he bought for himself, his son, and the Baby Gems. And after all the boxes and cans were placed in the cabinets and cupboards, he began to put all the frozen foods into the freezer, from frozen pizzas, bags of chicken strips and meatballs, to something extra special that was bought for Baby Steven.

"Steven! I'm home!" Greg yelled as he put away the last of the groceries and went to hold a mini-cooler. "I've got something I think you'll like!"

And so, Baby Steven got up from his spot and lunged his way into the slide, so he could head downstairs much quicker and safer. As he got inside the plastic twisted tube, he started to slowly scoot his bottom to help him make his way through the slide while having a little fun along the way.

"Yeah! Whoo-hoo!" Baby Steven cheered as he slid all the way down, landing onto a pile of safety pillows and cushions when he hit the bottom, giggling in the process after having a very safe and cozy exit. "That was awesome!"

"Hey there, Schtu-ball." Greg greeted his son, patiently waiting for him to get up.

"Hi, daddy!" Baby Steven replied as he scrambled to his feet, waddled to his dad and hugged his leg.

"Jeez, kiddo! You're getting pretty fast!" Greg chuckled as he picked him up and set him on the countertop. "And a little heavy too!"

Baby Steven starts to flex his lil muscles confidently as he takes his father's words as compliments as he giggled adorably. Greg just chuckles and ruffles his hand through his son's curly dark-brown hair before wondering what the very special surprise that he bought for him was.

"Uhh... Daddy?" Baby Steven asked, looking at the little cooler his father was hiding behind him. "What's in there?"

"Well, since you and the others took on Jasper and those five Rubies, I thought you deserve a... REWARD!" Greg smiled as he went over a small cooler and pulled it out.