S1 Ep 8: "Happiness is a Warm Kitten"

In a house that’s filled with seven Baby Gems and even a tiny lion cub, you may not imagine that a little ball of fur like a kitten would also be in the house! But that was the case with Kitten Steven, who was only a month or two old. Even though he was white with black and orange spots all over his furry body and had only one eye, he was still a very curious and energetic kitten, to which Baby Steven happily played with and giggled upon seeing some of the silliest things he can do! But what the kitten DOESN’T know… was how he ended up in their house in the first place.

It all started one evening, where Kitten Steven was adorably cleaning himself by using his tiny tongue to get rid of some of the dirt or dust that got caught in his fur. Baby Steven and Toddler Garnet were watching him being the cutest little kitty, which was just a heartwarming sight to see.

“You know, Garnet…” Baby Steven said, turning to his fusion friend. “...I think Kitten Steven is glad to live here with us.”

“He sure is.” Toddler Garnet agreed, while wrapping one of her arms around his body. “I'm certainly glad Greg adopted him.”

“Me too!” Baby Steven happily smiled before he let out a bit of a yawn and rubbed his left eye with his little hand. “Hoo whee! I’m actually getting sleepy!”

But then, Toddler Garnet had an idea. “How about I tell you and Kitten Steven… the story of how he became a part of our family.”

“Ooh!” Baby Steven gasped in excitement. “I remember that day too!”

Kitten Steven curiously meowed, wondering what that meant. And so, as Baby Steven got all snuggly in the crib with his pillow and blanket, Toddler Garnet was sitting right next to him.

“Okay, Garnet! I'm ready to hear your story!” Baby Steven smiled while his head was resting on his pillow, facing her.

“I call this story… A Tale of Two Stevens.” Toddler Garnet began. “Once upon a time… in a land that we live in…

(Memory Sequence)

It was a special day for two friends, named Steven and Garnet as they were in the great outdoors with Mr. Universe taking us on a special trip across the city.

And that was the case! On that same day, Greg was taking Baby Steven and Toddler Garnet on a walk through the park, passing by a playground with lots of cheerful children running around. Baby Steven was sitting happily in his bright-blue stroller, strapped in so he couldn't fall or climb out. 

Toddler Garnet was quietly toddling alongside the stroller, since she was too big for the need of one, mainly because she was a fusion. She looked at the wonderful sights like the slide, a swing set, a sand box, and even children happily playing and running around in the grass!

“Look, Garnet! Look, daddy! There's the playground!” Baby Steven gasped as he pointed to the colorful slides that children were merrily sliding down. 

“Good eye, kiddo!” Greg chuckled as he too saw what his son noticed.

Toddler Garnet looked and saw a yellow and a blue slide, which was perfect, so that the children didn’t have to wait too long for their turn! Two slides for the price of one!

“Whoa! Look at all of these children.” Toddler Garnet admired in amazement.

“Can we go there? Please?” Baby Steven asked, looking up at his father with his adorable puppy face. “Pwetty pwease?”

“Yes! Can we go to the playground? Please?” Toddler Garnet calmly asked as well, since she wasn't one to beg. 

Greg just smiled while he ruffled Baby Steven's curly hair. “Of course we can! Just be careful and stay close to me at all times, okay?