S1 Ep18: "GIANT Toddler" (A NEW Version of "Giant Woman")

One of the most unbelievable events was when the Baby Gems ended up discovering that Toddler Garnet was not only a Baby Gem… but also a fusion! A fusion is made by TWO Baby Gems getting along and creating something new! Ever since that day, however, MANY questions began to arise, specifically… if any OTHER Baby Gems could fuse. And THAT… was a question that would be answered on this particular day.

While playing at the beach, Baby Amethyst and Baby Pearl were both playing a game of Chess while sitting in the sand. However, there was a twist. Baby Steven was perched on an easy chair and pelted them with water balloons if either of them lost. But, Baby Amethyst began to concentrate on her next move of the game. She looked VERY carefully… before she captured one of Baby Pearl’s pieces again!

“A-HA!” Baby Amethyst giggled. “Take THAT, P!”

“Wow, Amethyst.” Baby Pearl said sarcastically. “I'm impressed.”

But THIS meant that she got hit with a water balloon by Baby Steven. “Now it's your move, Pearl.”

“Steven.” Baby Pearl paused. “Are the water balloons really necessary?”

“Yeah! This way, the moves really matter.” Baby Steven explained. “Plus, it IS a hot day today, so it should help stay cool!”

“But it's chess!” Baby Pearl corrected. “Every single move matters! Oh! And by the way, we Gems can't get hot or cold like humans do! That would explain why we're not... what's the word?... sweating.

Baby Amethyst just chuckled while twirling a strand of her short wet hair around her finger. “Well, it sounds like someone's being a sore loser.”

“I'm not a sore loser…” Baby Pearl pouted… as she captured ALL of Baby Amethyst's pieces in one fell sweep! “Because I just won the game!”

“Whaaaa…?!” Baby Amethyst gasped… before realizing the payback. “Oh! Here it comes!” 

And so, she proudly braces herself by holding her arms out, as Baby Steven pelted her with ALL of the water balloons! “Man… it actually feels good to lose!”

“I certainly hope that's not the attitude you have during any of our missions.” Baby Pearl pointed out.

Baby Amethyst groaned in annoyance. “You're no fun anymore, P! This is why we never form Opal!”

But Baby Pearl chided. “We don't form Opal because you're sometimes difficult and a mess!”

“We don't form Opal because you're uptight and…” Baby Amethyst argued.

But Baby Steven jumped in and stopped their fight by shoving them apart. “Wait! Guys! What is Opal?”

“It's the two of us, mashed together.” Baby Amethyst explained. “Like Garnet.”

Baby Pearl just scoffed. “Is water just hydrogen and oxygen mashed together?”

But both Baby Amethyst and Steven looked quite clueless.

“Analogy wasted.” Baby Pearl sighed. “Look here, Steven.”

And then, she demonstrated how it worked by drawing little figures of herself and Baby Amethyst in the sandy terrain of the beach under her knees. “When we synchronize our forms, we can combine into a powerful fusion gem named Opal.”

But Baby Amethyst stopped her explanation. “Except I don't dance like that.”

“Amethyst!” Baby Pearl gasped.

“Whoa! That sounds so cool!” Baby Steven smiled as he turned to Baby Amethyst. “But tell me more about Opal! Please.”

“Well, Steven, she's an ultra powerful, stone cold Betty… That part's me.” Baby Amethyst smiled. “And she's like, kinda tall…”