MINI-SHORT: "The Classroom Baby Gems: Where do Baby Gems Come From?"

“Welcome to Gem Classroom!” Baby Pearl said as she was beginning the lecture while giving a cheerful smile. “I'm Pearl, and today we're going to talk about how Gems were made!”

Just then when she was talking, three little gemstones, one blue, one red, and one purple going from the left to the right, all appeared on a chalkboard behind Baby Pearl as she continued.

“Simplified down to our basic form, Gems are… Well... just Gems!” Baby Pearl giggled as she continued explaining. “Our bodies are actually projections generated by our magical gemstones.”

Suddenly, the little gemstones soon transformed to become Toddler Garnet and Baby Amethyst, two of the other members of the pack.

“Think of it like a hologram, but with mass!” Baby Pearl added.

“Nice mass!” Baby Amethyst complimented.

“I know.” Toddler Garnet agreed with a small chuckle.

“But how we were created is very different.” Baby Pearl explained.

“I'll take it from here, P.” Baby Amethyst interrupted as she, out of nowhere, jumped out of the chalkboard and pushed Baby Pearl aside, taking over the lesson. “Okay. First, when a mommy Gem and a daddy Gem love each other VERY much...”

But then...

“PSYCH!!” Baby Amethyst laughed as she raised her little arms up like a monster, pretending to do a jump-scare… a CUTE jump-scare, to be exact. “There's no such thing as a mommy Gem or a daddy Gem! We're ROCKS! And we were born a lot different than an average human baby.”

Toddler Garnet then climbed out of the chalkboard as she brought in while carrying a set of homemade flashcards, for which Baby Amethyst used to continue.

“So, yeah. I was made on Earth not TOO long ago.” Baby Amethyst explained with a sarcastic tone. “And it happened when these Gems from Outer Space came to this planet with these BIG machines!”

“You should mention you're taking artistic license with that spaceship design.” Toddler Garnet added, proving a good point

“Eh, it's for this… WattPad thing on the internet. Who cares?” Baby Amethyst said while rolling her eyes. “Anyway, they put the machines on Earth and shot this liquid junk into the dirt and would form these special rocks where we grow inside. Kinda like bird eggs.”

“We also get three special nutrients for us to have our magical abilities, like living forever, and even to grow bigger.” Toddler Garnet added again.

“Right, right, right.” Baby Amethyst agreed sarcastically as she used her little hand like a puppet, mocking her. “And if your geode was born underground, then these big strong soldiers would come dig you out and bring you back to Homeworld where you would hatch and begin your life!”

“Oh! I have a question!” Baby Steven added as he waved his hand high in the air while standing in a small crib.

“Yeah?” Baby Amethyst allowed, proceeding to let him ask his question.

“Does Homeworld have those Newborn Nurseries? Like at a hospital where other Gems can see the new arrivals?” Baby Steven asked as he imagined three images of his friends as newborns, wrapped up in swaddle blankets, sucking on pacifiers and lying in three bassinets.

“Eww!” Baby Amethyst revolted in disgust. “Gross!”

“Definitely not.” Toddler Garnet agreed calmly.

The three images just popped away from Baby Steven's mind… as he sadly sighed.

“Aww…” Baby Steven said sadly.

“Being in a small room with other babies would be uncomfortable.” Baby Amethyst continued. “So, we are given special rooms for each Gem type to stay in until we are given to our adult Gem mentors.”

“And that's how we were born!” Baby Pearl finished as she ran back into the scene. 

“Yeah…” Baby Amethyst agreed. “That's how Gems are made. So… where were we, Gar Gar?”

“I believe... a little game of tag?” Toddler Garnet replied with confidence as they both began chasing each other around the room.

“That's all for today's lesson.” Baby Pearl smiled proudly while Baby Amethyst was dodging all of Toddler Garnet's attempts to tag her. “Any questions?”

Suddenly, Baby Steven waved his hand rapidly again! “Wait! I have another question!”

Baby Amethyst just ran by while Toddler Garnet was chasing after her, proceeding with their game of tag.

“How is a half-human Gem born?” Baby Steven asked, talking about himself.

However, THAT answer… wasn’t a good one for her to explain. In fact, she was so nervous about that… she allowed the question to remain unanswered.

“Uhh… Class dismissed!” Baby Pearl nervously chuckled as she then pulled down a screen reading the words Class Dismissed! written in white chalk while the school bell rang as the school bell rang, meaning that the class was now over.