S1 Ep 4: "The Crib Fiasco"

A few days have passed since Baby Steven and the Baby Gems have been together in all sorts of many adventures. From saving their friendship from Baby Jasper and her army of Baby Rubies, to helping a Baby Centipeetle reunite with her corrupted family. It was because of their effort that they decided for all of them to share the same crib during the night in their playroom. However, as one night was among them... some things began to change.

A couple of the Baby Gems, being Baby Peridot and Baby Amethyst, specifically, were finding the place to be... a bit cramped! This was mainly because they didn't have enough room to move.

"Move over, will ya?" Baby Amethyst grumbled while trying to squirm around. "My little feet can't take this! It's like being stuck in a box!"

"I can't!" Baby Peridot answered. "I appear to be stuck as well! And I can't get some sleep, because of this!"

Most of the other Baby Gems were also trying to sleep. But due to the constant complaints, it was a bit tricky. Luckily, Baby Steven began to feel a little bit concerned about what the problem was. As a result, he opened his little eyes and looked at Baby Amethyst in the process

"Uhh... Amethyst?" Baby Steven said to them with his pacifier still in his mouth. "Is... there a problem?"

"Yo, Steven?" Baby Amethyst called. "This is getting kinda crammed in here, man."

"Even though I need a few hours to rest my body, especially my vision-spheres, it is getting tight with all of us in the same spot." Baby Peridot admitted.

"Hmm..." Baby Steven thought. "Well... it's pretty late right now. We better ask my dad if he can help us fix this in the morning."

"Oh, alright." Baby Amethyst sighed with slight annoyance as she proceeded to try and get herself back to sleep for the remainder of the night.

The following morning in the kitchen, Baby Steven didn't get that much sleep at all from all of the squirming, moving and talking from his friends the night before. Because of this, during breakfast, Baby Steven's face was just completely planted in his bowl of cereal, resulting in quite a milky mess all over his face, completely covered with cereal, which caught his father, Greg's attention.

"Uhh... hey... schtu-ball...?" Greg called from the kitchen with slight concern as he was washing the dishes. "You... okay...?"

Baby Steven just slowly lifted his head as he yawned while his face was dripping milk droplets

"Well... I think the Gems have a problem." He explained. "They're all starting to move around and talk to each other last night in our crib."

"I see..." Greg understood. "Sounds like they're running out of room to sleep, huh?"

"That's what Amethyst and Peridot said to me." Baby Steven nodded in agreement.

"But, kiddo." Greg added. "Your friends don't exactly have anywhere else to sleep."

"Yeah... I know, daddy." Baby Steven agreed while he was getting his face wiped clean from his father's paper towel. "But I'm not sure if fitting all of us in my crib is gonna work anymore. It's starting to get cramped. There's gotta be a way to fix this."

"Hmm..." Greg wondered to himself while thinking about it.

A few minutes passed by. Soon, he grew an idea and went to the baby supply store and purchased seven different individually-colored blankets, one for each of the Baby Gems. Baby Steven was pink, Toddler Garnet was a very dark pink, Baby Amethyst was purple, Baby Pearl was light blue, Baby Lapis was dark blue, Baby Peridot was green, and Baby Bismuth's was a rainbow, as an adorable nod to her colorful hair.

"I think this could actually work!" Greg said while finishing paying for the blankets. "Well... I hope, at least..."

Later that same evening in the playroom, Greg was getting each blanket ready for the babies. He carefully picked each one up and set them inside the crib, laying flat on their backs, he finished getting six of them wrapped up in their new swaddle and was almost done with Baby Steven.

"Hold still, Steven." Greg chuckled while smiling at his son. "I'm just about done. And... there!"

Baby Steven just gave Greg his very cute little smile on his face. Soon, he was now joined by his Baby Gem friends as all of them were now wrapped up like burritos for the night, not having to worry about running out of space.

"Sweet dreams, little ones." Greg said to them as he blew them a kiss, flicked off the bedroom light and headed back downstairs.

After he left, Greg's idea of having all seven Baby Gems each being wrapped up in a blanket was a mixed bag of results. Baby Lapis and a few of the others LOVED the idea of being all snuggled up in her own blanket... but Baby Pearl and Toddler Garnet did NOT.

"Mmm..." Baby Pearl grumbled as she tried to move inside her swaddle. "Now, it's... getting... hard to move at all!"

"I don't think this is going to work either." Toddler Garnet added, feeling restrained and restricted of movement

And so, after telling Greg what happened the following morning, he had to think even harder. He eventually bought little bouncy seats with musical mobiles hanging over them. So, he decided to try that instead! But understandably, since they were bounceable, the bouncing kept them more awake than tired. Baby Amethyst, however, LOVED feeling the energy.

"Aww, yeah!" Baby Amethyst exclaimed happily. "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy!"

"I don't think we'll be able to sleep like this!" Baby Pearl groaned while she was feeling very dizzy by the repeated bouncing.

The next day, Plan C was giving back the bouncy seats for a refund and instead getting them each their own little baby-sized beds. Yep. Seven individual beds. ALL in the playroom. But this led to even MORE issues! This was because seven of those in the same room caused trouble for them to play during the day and not be together at night, so it was a lose-lose scenario on that one.

Eventually, Greg was quite worried about them. Baby Steven realized that he was in some serious jelly and began to wonder if he could help.

"Daddy?" Baby Steven called nervously. "Is there something I can do to help you?"

"Well..." Greg sighed. "Aww, jeez. Maybe this is harder than I thought, especially with looking after seven space kids."

"Well... we do love the crib." Baby Steven admitted. "But some of us are getting bigger and we need more room."

"Crib... More... Room..." Greg thought to himself. "Crib... More... Room!"

It was at THAT moment that he knew what needed to be done. Instead of one crib... there would soon be two playpens that could double as cribs! One of them would be for Baby Steven, Toddler Garnet, Baby Amethyst, and Baby Pearl, and the other being for Baby Peridot, Baby Lapis, and Baby Bismuth! It took a while for them both to be built together for safety reasons, but the Baby Gems passed the time by having some talking to one another about their dreams.

"And then, M.C. Bear Bear gave us a warm and fuzzy bear hug!" Baby Steven finished with his arms in the air. "We were ALL in his snuggly arms!"

"Aww!" Baby Lapis smiled.

"That was beautiful, Steven." Toddler Garnet smiled in awe.

"I bet M.C. Bear Bear could... BEAR-LY let us go!" Baby Amethyst giggled.

And soon enough, Greg tried his last attempt. Baby Steven, Toddler Garnet, Baby Amethyst, and Baby Pearl were in the original crib, while Baby Peridot, Baby Lapis, and Baby Bismuth were in the newly-built one. Fortunately... the final attempt was a complete success! They were now all comfortable, snuggly, and had enough room to play and sleep! Even though things wouldn't be the same anymore, they all agreed that even though two cribs were better than one... their friendship would ALWAYS be one.