Chapter 11

"Denki, what are they doing?" I asked him as we were on the field waiting for Midnight to announce the last game of the festival.

"I don't know, but it must've had to do with Mineta."
"Yeah, you're right. I wonder why he didn't ask me?"

"Y-Yeah, I wonder why."

"Mineta You tricked us, didn't you?!" Momo yelled. All the girls from Class A, except for me, were in cheerleading outfits.

"What a perv." I said.

"Earlier this morning, he tried to convince me into tricking you and the girls."

"Huh?!"

"Yeah, I turned him down for your sake."

"You did that for me?"

"Yeah."

"Thank you."

"No problem."

"Now if you don't mind me, I'm going to squish that little grape until he turns into wine!"

"AHH! Please don't, Isabel! Forgive me!"

"Maybe you should save that energy for later." Denki said, holding me back from crushing Mineta.

"Fine." I said, crossing my arms.

"All right, everyone! Let's have fun competing in the recreational games!" Mic yelled. An empty battle bracket appeared on the screen. "When that's over, the sixteen from the four remaining teams that made it to the final round will duke it out tournament style, one-on-one!"

"Do you think we'll face each other in the tournament?" Denki asked.

"I don't know." Everyone was super excited about the one-on-one competition. It was the event where Katsuki and I bonded over every year before he went back to hating me.

"Hey? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just a bit anxious for the competition."

"Why?"

"What if Katsuki and I are up against each other?"

"Then you win."

"Huh?"

"Win, that's all you gotta do."

"Right!"

"Now, let's draw lots to determine the bracket

"Now, let's draw lots to determine the bracket. Once the bracket is determined, we'll have the recreational games and then start! The sixteen finalists can choose whether or not they want to participate in the recreation. I'm sure some of you want to rest or save your strength. Now from the first place team-"

"Excuse me." Everyone turned to look at Ojiro. "I'm withdrawing."

"What?" Everyone was surprised at what he just said.