Chapter 23

As Isabel slowly fell asleep, I saw Bakugo leave the room. Once she was completely asleep, I went to go find him. Eventually, I found him in front of the vending machine.

"What do you want, Spark Plug?" He asked. That's a new one.

"I was wondering if you were okay?"

"I'm fine." He said, clearly lying.

"Fine, I'll just go back and leave you to your thoughts." I said, turning around.

"Kaminari, wait." I stopped for a second in shock before turning around.

"Yeah?"

"How are you and my sister so close? Deku and Icy Hot have known her longer than you have, and the two of you have only known each other for a few months."

"But you've known her longer than the three of us have."

"Huh?"

"She's your sister, you've practically known each other your whole lives."

"I know that!" He exclaimed and I jumped back startled. "Sorry. It's just, I feel like I don't know her."

"Can I tell you the honest truth and promise you won't get mad?'

"Fine."

"You've kind of, no. You've been a complete jerk and asshole to her."

"Huh?!"

"Let me finish, will you?"

"Fine." He grumbled and crossed his arms.

"She told me you changed after she found out what her true quirk was. The only time you didn't fight or insult her was when you all watched the sports festival together."

"Yeah, that's the only other time I remember we got along." He leaned against the wall.

"She told me that she thought you only hated her quirk."

"Did she?"

"Yeah. Throughout the years she wished she was born quirkless and when you called her a Quirk Freak and said you hated her, she broke down. It's like her world was falling apart. You really hurt her." Bakugo's eyes held a look of regret.

"I don't hate her, not in the slightest. I regret everything I said and did while growing up. The night before the entrance exam, I told her not to get a higher score than me. She then told me that she was going to apply to Shinketsu High."

"And that upset you? She could've gone there just like she went to a different middle school."

"It did. Before we manifested our quirks, we promised each other that we'd get into U.A's hero course and start an agency together after graduating."

"But?"

"But when the doctors discovered her true quirk, I became jealous. Jealous that she could use any quirk at her disposal. I didn't know how to tell her and everything I told her hurt her and caused her to resent me as the years passed by. Now, I don't even know how to have a normal conversation with her without bursting out. Heck, I don't even know what she likes!"

"She likes mango pineapple smoothies, skateboarding, and listening to music. She also likes traveling, watching anime, and reading as well. Isabel loves to read manga and classic novels like Pride and Prejudice, but she hates Romeo and Juliet because she thinks the whole play is one big cliche. Her favorite anime of all time is Bungou Stray Dogs and her all-time favorite character is Dazai."

"Like the author?"

"Yeah. Oh, she loves white lilies but hates celery with a passion. Her favorite colors are black, electric yellow, white, and gold."