Chapter 14

"You're kidding me. Infinity has been teaching you new skating tricks?!" Deni asked over our daily facetime calls after dinner.

"Yeah, he has. I'm learning so much from him."

"You know these internships are about learning hero work, right?"

"Yeah, but Infinity wants me to learn when and when not to take a break and have some fun. We've also been doing stakeouts, rescue missions, and espionage work too. He also gives me permission to attack villains as long as I don't hurt them too much. Because of this, I've been using Erasure for a bit."

"Are your eyes getting dry?"

"Not really, because I quickly switch it up by trapping them in ice."

"But you carry eye drops just in case?"

"I do."

"Have you opened the gift I gave you?"

"Not yet, I was waiting until I got the chance to talk with you."

"Isabel, it's been four days and our internships are almost over. When are you going to open it?"

"Okay, okay. I'll open it right now." I smiled as I reached out for the bag and pulled something soft out. In my hands was a mustard yellow hoodie similar to the one from the brand Supreme, but it had Kaminari embroidered in white letters in an embroidered matching yellow rectangle. Immediately, his mango pineapple scent invaded my senses. "Is this your hoodie?"

"Yeah, I wanted to give you something that reminded you of me. Just like the good luck charm you gave me. I actually take it with me every day. So even though you can't wear it during the day, you could wear it afterward." Denki rambled. He is literally the sweetest person ever.

"Thank you, Denki." I smiled as I put on the hoodie."It's a bit big, but it's perfect."

"You really like it?"
"I do, I really do."

"I'm glad you do." He smiled and blushed a little. The lights in my room started to flicker three times. "Um, what does that mean?"

"Infinity had his staff sync all the lights to an alarm system. Kind of like a morse code system for the agency. Three times means that it's time to go to bed."

"Yeah, it's getting pretty late."

"But I want to keep talking to you."

"Me too, but I also don't want you to be tired during your internship. So go to bed."

"Fine, but that means that you have to call me right when you wake up."

"I promise. Good night, Isabel."

"Good night, Denki."

After three days full of rescue missions and stakeouts, Infinity told me to help him with leftover paperwork from the week

"How have you enjoyed your time with me?" He asked.