Chapter 27

Sleep hasn't come easy to me these days, especially after what happened at Kamino. Onc Nightmare came after the other and eventually sleep became a chore, a torturous one. When finally deciding that enough was enough, I got out of bed in search of fresh air. But something caught my eye through the window. It was Katsuki and Izuku, taking a stroll. It wasn't like Katsuki to just walk with Izuku like that. He practically hated his guts, but he hated mine more. Curiosity taking the best of me, I quickly made my way down the stairs and out the door. After making sure they couldn't see me, I listened intently as they talked.

"Kacchan. How far are we going? We shouldn't be walking around in the middle of the night like this." Eventually, the three of us stopped walking. "This is Ground Beta."

"This is the place where we had our first combat training," Katsuki said after a long and painful silence as I hid behind one of the buildings. "where I fought and lost to you and my sister. Both of you have always made me sick. My sister had the superior quirk, so it'd make sense that she'd get into the top school in the country. You were quirkless and useless, so how'd you get into U.A., and how'd you get a quirk? I didn't understand this guy that said some stuff that made no sense and then looked satisfied with himself and just kept on climbing up higher and higher to where she was. Ever since the sludge villain. No, since All Might came to town. Higher and higher, until finally for the provisional license, you both passed, but I failed." Were all of these just years of resentment and because of the exam? Furrowing my brows, I kept listening. "What the hell? Huh?"

"That's not a matter of ability, but-" Izuku was cut off by Katsuki's sudden shouting.

"Shut up and listen, damn scum!" Just like Izuku, I tensed up from my hiding spot.

"Sorry."

"Both of you've always made me sick and pissed me off. But that thing in Kamino helped me understand, kind of. I've been thinking about it this whole time. You got it from All Might, didn't you? Your power. The boss villain, apparently he could steal people's quirks and give them to other people. It's hard to believe, but one of those old cat ladies lost her quirk and can't work anymore. After you met All Might, you changed, and then All Might lost his power. What All Might said after he beat the boss villain. Back then, you were the only one who took it differently. Thinking about how those Nomu scum had multiple quirks, it seems pretty credible. Besides, All Might and that boss bastard knew each other. Quirks could move from one person to another, and All Might knew the guy who could do it, so it all connected to what you said about receiving your quirk from someone. I asked All Might about it, but he wouldn't answer me. That's why I'm asking you." Say something, Izuku. "Since you're not denying it, it must be true. And knowing my sister and her quirk, she must've known the minute she touched you."

"What're you going to do with the answer?"

"You and I both wanted to be like All Might. Right, that's how it was. Someone I'd always thought was just a pebble was acknowledged by the person I admired, without me realizing it. That's why, let's fight. Right here, right now." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Well, it isn't entirely true. Katsuki was always trying to pick fights with me growing up and now that Izuku had a quirk, he wanted to fight him.

"Huh?! Wait, why does it have to end up like that? No, this is bad. We're not even supposed to be here. If we're going to fight, at least do it during free practice or something. We should reserve a training room and do it there! There's no reason it has to be now, is there?"

"If we fight seriously, we'll be stopped. What part of you made All Might do what he did? Let me see for myself. If the way you admired him was correct, then does that mean my admiration was wrong?"

"Kacchan. A-Are you really planning on fighting?"

"If you don't want to get hurt, get ready. Oh yeah, you switched to mainly using kicks, right?" I had to put a stop to this, but I didn't want to get in the way of their fighting.