Chapter 17

Running, I hid behind a tree. Not even five minutes into the exam and I was being attacked by red feathers.

"You know, we don't have all day! So come out of hiding already!" I heard Hawks yell. Gritting my teeth I tried coming up with a plan, one that would either allow me to escape and the other to take on the number three hero. Activating Spatial Awareness, I could see all of Ground Omega clearly as well as the movements caused by the wind and Hawks. I immediately used my glasses to mark his location before activating Stealth. As quiet as a mouse, I quickly ran towards my opponent and hid behind the bushes. Using the X-Ray vision setting on my glasses, courtesy of Mei, I observed Hawks from a distance. He was looking around and paying attention to every sound and movement around him. His feathers could detect vibrations of his surroundings and on top of that, he had a great sense of hearing. I had to calculate my next attack with precision or I'll be toast. Using Vibrate, I quickly created a large earthquake before using Fierce Wings to fly towards my target.

"I got you now!" Suddenly, he disappeared. Where did he go?

"You got to be quicker than that!" Before I could turn around, I was pummeled down by the Winged Hero.

"How are you so fast?" I said catching my breath. That last attack knocked the wind out of me.

"I prioritize speed, Fletchling."

"Fletchling?" I said getting up.

"Your new nickname, do you like it?" I sent a fireball with Half Hot Half Cold at him before switching to Fierce Wings again.

"It's not my favorite, but I'll take it." I took one of my feathers and converted it into a sword.

"I see you've been studying my techniques." He took one of his feathers and turned it into a sword as well.

"I have been, for years." I said, flying up to attack him. He used his sword to block my attack before his counterattack.

"Nice try, but even with years of studying my techniques." He swung his feather sword, causing me to block his attack. "I'm bound to have a trick or two up my sleeve." he kept attacking and I kept blocking. I kept thinking and thinking of different strategies to at least get away, but Hawks was too fast and isn't the type of person to let his enemy escape from his grasp. "Seems like you're having some trouble, Fletchling."

"I am not!" I yelled, swinging my feather sword at him, which he blocked. I kept sending feathers his way every so often, but he even blocked those.

"Wouldn't it be better to just escape instead of fighting back?"

"You and I both know that there's no escaping this fight."

"And why is that?"

"Because you're not the kind of hero to let his enemy escape, no matter how strong they are."

"You got that right. So do you have a plan to take me down at least?"

"Not yet." I said plainly. To tell you the truth, I do have a plan. One that would involve me to use three of the quirks I copied.

"You only have ten minutes left until your exam is over." Hawks said, flying quickly towards me. I barely had time to block his attack, so I shielded myself with my wings. As soon as his sword touched my wings, Hawks was shocked by a harmless electric current. "What on Earth?!" I took this opportunity to use Erasure after using Electrification to shock the hero.

"Did you forget I can use more than one quirk at the same time?" I asked, smiling mischievously. I quickly dove to the ground and placed the handcuffs on Hawks before we hit the ground.