-TWO. Rookie

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2

Rookie

I gotta admit that that was awesome!

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

IT WAS FINALLY NIGHT TIME, and Kaito's siblings were already asleep. He silently changed into his 'S' outfit; some white pants, a black long sleeved shirt, a black bow tie and a lightly-colored vest, a black belt, white gloves, and blackboots which do not quite reach his knees. Finally, his white, mid-length trench coat.

That outfit was something really comfortable to skate in and it also saved him from some injuries. He took his skateboard, a cruising longboard, and set off towards 'S'.

Today there was going to be a beef between Shadow, the antihero of 'S', and a nobody. Kaito was still mad at Shadow, since he broke his friend's skate and injured him (or at least that's what Reki had told him over the phone before having to hang up), but he also wanted to see him skate.

Arriving at the gate, the guards didn't even ask for his sticker, already knowing him. He was one of the celebrities of 'S', after all.

When he finally arrived, he saw Shadow but didn't approach him. There wasn't anyone else that he personally knew, so he waited patiently for the race to start. Thankfully, his presence was unknown.

However, something unexpected happened. In the distance, he saw his friend Reki along with a blue haired male running towards the dude who was racing Shadow.

    "Sorry for the wait, I'm from Dope Sketch!" Reki said, handing the man a board inside a bag. The man began telling his girlfriend that he put her name in the board, but then he threw the skate to the floor.

Kaito concluded that Reki took the wrong bag and that the skate he was supposed to give was left in his workplace. "I'm deeply sorry, I will go get it right away!" Reki bowed.

Shadow then told him that it was impossible, since the race was going to start soon. Then, the antihero started mocking Reki. Kaito couldn't stand it anymore and went towards them.

    "You two, why don't you calm down?" He said, a menacing smile on his face. People gasped, not expecting the boy to be there.

It was then that he noticed the blue haired male tapping his feet in the skateboard that dude threw to the floor. "Reki... What is your friend doing?"

The redhead turned towards his friend. "What the hell are you doing?" Reki yelled. The other male said that he thought that he would skate and was tapping his feet on the board so that he wouldn't fall.

Reki tried to change the bluenette's mind and said that he would race, but a pink haired man interrupted them. "No, he will he the one skating."

    "Cherry?" People started cheering. Cherry Blossom, the AI skater, was another famous skater.

    "If he gets on the board, he has to skate. That's the rule." Cherry said.

Reki, despite that, still tried to convince his friend to stop.

However, the bluenette didn't listen to him. Soon, the guards separated Reki from him. "Don't go too fast. If anything, don't be reckless!"

When the lights turned green, people cheered for Shadow, but then, when they turned to the start line, they blankly stared at Reki's friend. The male crouched down and began pushing himself with his hands.

    "Reki, what's his name?" Kaito asked, pointing at the blue haired boy.

    "He's Langa Hasegawa, an exchange student from my school."

Langa started going faster and faster, and people were astonished. Cherry approached the two teenagers and said. "I'm gonna ride ahead. Wanna hop on?" They nodded quickly and sat behind him.

    "I was watching you guys skate." Cherry said, his words directed to Reki, "How he puts his weight on the board, his stance and posture, and how he fixed his feet in that position... He is likely someone experienced in snowboarding."

    "He must have been really good then." Kaito replied, hugging Cherry tighter.

When they arrived at the finish line, they saw Shadow throwing his some of his fireworks. "Look out, Langa!" Reki yelled. 

But nothing bad happened to Langa. Instead, it was like little snowflakes were falling from the sky. 

Kaito was mesmerized, never having seen such a beautiful way of skating. He stared at the blue haired boy with slightly wide eyes, impressed.

When the race finished, Reki approached the male and with stars on his eyes said, "You're awesome!" Leaving a confused Langa.

    "He's right, newbie, you really are awesome." Kaito said from behind Reki. "I'm Kaito, pleasure to meet you." He extended his hand for a handshake.

Langa accepted the handshake and said, "I'm Langa Hasegawa. Are you Reki's friend?" Said male laughed loudly and put an arm on the taller male's shoulders.

    "Of course I am, we're best friends!" Reki said proudly.

    "Reki, there's nothing to brag about being my bestfriend." Kaito chuckled softly. "Anyways, I should get going. Have a nice night."

Kaito approached Cherry and smiled. "Thanks for giving us a ride, Cherry." Cherry patted his head. "No problem, Kai."

With that, both males left in different directions.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Kai's outfit is based off Noé Archiviste, the main character of 'Vanitas no Karte'. It's a really cool anime, you should watch it!

Here's the outfit (without the coat):

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝