-TWENTY-SIX. Broken friendships

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

CHAPTER 26

CHAPTER 26

『Broken friendships』

❝Were these 11 years nothing to you...?❞

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

    "REKI'S NOT HERE?" KAITO asked Reki's mother, who looked at the pair confused, "I don't think so, I assumed that he was somewhere with you."

Langa stared sadly at the floor and Kaito smiled weakly at Reki's mother, "Thank you for your time, we'll be leaving." He took Langa's hand and walked away.

    "Where could he be?" Langa quietly asked himself.

    "I... don't know." Kaito replied, guiltily looking at his hands.

The pair waited near Reki's house for the red haired male to appear. It soon started raining, soaking them from head to toe, but they couldn't care less.

    "Reki!" Langa exclaimed, seeing the male turn the other way. They approached him, "Welcome back!"

    "What do you want Langa, Kaito?" Reki asked, not even looking at them.

    "ADAM's hosting a tournament." Kaito replied, staring seriously at the teenager in front of him. 

    "So what?" Reki asked.

    "We might enter." Langa answered.

    "What about the promise you made, Langa? And the promise we made when we were younger, Kaito?"

Langa and Kaito stared at the floor, clearly conflicted, "You swore you wouldn't go up against ADAM again, Langa. And you, Kaito, swore to never get in danger's way ever again."

    "I know, and I'm sorry—" Langa started, only to be cut off by Reki.

    "Don't say that! You're apologizing because you've already decided to break your promise!" Reki yelled at them, "Do you know how much I trusted you two?!"

The three grew silent after that.

    "Forget it." Reki quietly said, making his way past the pair.

Kaito quickly turned around and grabbed his wrist, "Reki, listen! Come on, it's just a race!"

    "AGAINST A MONSTER!"