-SEVENTEEN. Monsters made out of... mud?

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

CHAPTER 17

CHAPTER 17

『Monsters made out of... mud?

WHY DOES IT STINK SO MUCH??!!

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

    "SOMETHING SMELLS FUNNY." Langa said, closing his eyes and smelling the air. He, along with Reki and Kaito, were in their way to the hotsprings.

    "Ah- me?!" Reki panicked.

    "Not like that Reki." Kaito told the red head who calmed down almost instantly at the sound of his voice. "It smells like a gross mixture of mud, oild and wild animal."

    "Yeah, it's bizarre. What is that?"

And then they stopped in their tracks, staring at a body on the floor with wide eyes. "Shadow!" Kaito yelled and ran towards him. "Are yo— Gross!!" Kaito exclaimed once he smelt the man. "Aw man, so that's what I smelt earlier!"

    "Are those marks made with... mud?"

Shadow then started moving. "R-run away! Get outta here, they gotta be—" But he didn't finish his sentence, since he fainted.

    "Who's they Shadow?!" Reki asked —yelled— Shadow, and drew near him, only to quickly retreat because of the bad smell. Langa asked about Miya, but also ended up gagging due to the smell.

Then, they heard a scream. "That must have been Miya's voice, let's go!!" Kaito told his best friends, who nodded and ran towards the place in which the yell came from.

To no surprise, Miya was in the same estate as Shadow. "Miya! Hey get up!" Kaito reached out, but gagged after smelling Miya. "Guys, look!" He pointed at Miya's hand, which he used to draw some strange face.

    "It's the mark from the map..." Reki said with a blank face.

    "It's... The thing that shows up." Langa said.

    "Please don't say it."

   "Bu—"

   "I'm serious!"

    "This is—"

Reki covered his ears and yelled 'lalalala' like a child, but that soon stopped once they heard a noise from behind them. "I-is that the cat from earlier?" Kaito asked to no one in particular.

SQUELCH

    "I hope so." Reki's voice trembled.

SQUELCH

    "It sounds a little weird to be a cat."

SQUELCH

    "Who said which sounds cats can and cannot make?!"