-TWENTY-TWO. Barbecue

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

CHAPTER 22

CHAPTER 22

『Barbecue』

Bar... Be... Cue?!

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

    'BOKUTO-SENPAI SEEMS REALLY eager to eat right now...' Kaito thought, looking over at the male who was talking, 'He looks like Shiro when waiting for lunch to be served...'

    "Bokuto-san! In an actual game, we're not gonna loose to you!! That goes to you as well, Ashido-san!!" Hinata yelled at them.

    "Suuuure!! We'll take you on!!" Bokuto started laughing, only to stop once his stomach let out a loud noise, "Before the spring nationals, first we have... A competition for the meat, Hinata!!"

The two simpletons stared at the meat like it was something that came from the heavens. Kaito just stared at them with a smile.

. . .

    "Ehem. Thank you all for your hard work," Coach Nekomata started, "It's been a great training camp, and now you can fill your bellies as much as you can! Let your muscles repare themselves to you heart's content!" As soon as he finished, almost all of the volleyball players ran to get a piece of the fat, juicy meat.

    "You should have seen Hinata doing a feint! We were all really surprised." Yachi told Kaito, handing him a couple of Onigiris.

    "I wish I saw it... Bokuto taught him yesterday, so it must have been sloopy, but thinking that he can progress so fast... Also, just give me one Onigiri, Yachi-san. I'm not really hungry..."

    "Ashido-kun, you should eat more!" Kaori, one of Fukurodani's managers, scolded him.

    "Yeah, she's right! I haven't seen you put on your plate much meat! You're an athlete, you need more nutrients!!" Eri told him, totally agreeing with Kaori.

    "But... I'm not that hungry..." Kaito informed them, laughing awkwardly, but the females ignored him and continued scolding him.

    "Anyway, come sit with us! That way we can see if you eat enough!" Kaori told him, taking him by the wrist and dragging him towards the group of female managers who seemed to be having a great time together.

    "Ashido-kun, it's nice to see you here." Kiyoko greeted him with her beautiful, dashing, alluring, charming, divine, exquisite smile of hers. (I LOVE YOU KIYOKOOOO)

    "Ah, hello there, Shimizu-senpai, Shirofuku-senpai. Sorry to intrude, Suzumeda-senpai dragged me here, you see..." He bowed his head.

    "It's no problem, Ashido-kun. We all enjoy your company very much." Kiyoko informed him with a smile.

Eri grabbed his hand and said, "Come sit beside me, Ashido-kun!!" She walked towards the grass next to Kiyoko and sat down, patting the spot next to her, "Sit down, sit down!!"

    "Okay, okay...!" Honestly, Kaito felt like he was being harassed.

    "Here." Kaori passed him a plate full of meat, onigiri and various vegetables. Kaito sighed. Didn't he already tell them that he wasn't hungry? He knew that even if he repeated it, they would still ignore him, so he took his chopsticks and began eating slowly, making the two motherly girls smile in satisfaction.

   "Y'know, those third years from Karasuno— they seem like they've got their act together." Mako, Shinzen's manager, said, walking towards them with a bowl of rice and a plate of meat on her hands.

    "Our ace is really a big old softie." Kiyoko smiled gently, surprising the other females (and male).

    "Huh? Are you serious? But he looks so big and scary!!" Exclaimed Eri.

    "Though I think it's better than having such a simple minded ace." Kaori sighed, blankly looking at Bokuto, who was braggin about something to Hinata.

    "True..." All of them said.

    "Wait, what about Nekoma's ace, then? He looks like a delinquent!" Yukie exclaimed, looking over to the only male on the group.

    "Tora? Nah, he's just stupid." Kaito told them, shaking his head with a small laugh, "He's actually really shy around girls, can't even talk to them without blowing a fuse."

All of them laughed at that, not aware of a couple of boys glaring at the white haired male.

════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*════

    "Hey, you. Can you come with us for a second?" Someone from behing Kaito asked, a dark expresion on their face.

    "We won't take much of your time." A much shorter person assured him.

Kaito tilted his head, confused by the shady looks on their faces and the dark aura surrounding them, "...Sure? But make it quick, please, I have something to do after this." The white haired male followed the two, not knowing what was about to come next.

The person in front of Kaito suddenly stoped, making him bump into them. "Ah, sorry, I wasn't looking where I was walking."

    "It doesn't matter..." The taller person started.

    "What really matters is..." The other person continued.

    "What business do you have with out managers?!" They yelled at him with dark looks.

    "Ah... They're just my friends!" Kaito exclaimed, smiling at the pair. "You're Tanaka and Nishinoya, right? Tora has talked to me a lot about you! It's really nice to meet you, I hope we can get along!!" He extended his hand for a handshake.

    "We will only get along with you once you tell ur your true intentions!!" Nishinoya, the shorter one, yelled at him, still angry.

    "It's the truth, I haven't harboured feelings for any of them! We're simply good friends, nothing more!" He assured the two, making them let out a sigh of relief.

    "So Tora was right..." Tanaka muttered, "You're actually really nice! Nice to meet ya' man!!" He shook his hand, Nishinoya following his actions.

    "Well, now that we're done, I've got to go... I hope I see you all at Nationals!"

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Omg I love writing Kaito's relationship with the managers! I honestly find it really cute, not gonna lie.

Also, the two major simps and Kaito finally met! I was really excited to write this part, just imagining it makes me laugh.

Sorry for the long wait! I had many exams and homework, so I wasn't able to actually sit down and write a decent chapter. I don't know if I will be able to publish the next few days, either. I'm going to paint my room and that will take a while, so I might not be able to get on the computer.

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝