Chapter 23

Natalie's pov

I wake up the next morning snuggled in jacks arms. I turn to look at him, and he is more attractive than ever. A small smile forms on my face. I try to wiggle out of his arms, and my lower body is in so much pain. I don't even want to get up, but I need to use the bathroom. I slowly get off the bed and wobble to bathroom. It hurts so bad. I hear a small giggle. I turn and jacks hands are over his face.

"Yeah, that's gonna hurt for a while," he says laughing a little in his morning voice.

I just give him a small smirk and use the restroom. I decide to take a quick shower because I just remembered that my dad is coming back in town today. We have lots of things to talk about, such as my future. I've got an idea of what I want to do and where I want to go.

Last night, despite the pain...it was great. I'm so glad that Jack and I can express our love on such a physical level. It felt so unreal...it was so passionate and he was so gentle. I know Jack cares a lot about me...I don't know what I'd do without him.

I walk out the bathroom and throw on a gray north face jacket and yoga pants.

"Damn, that ass," Jack says from behind me.

I laugh and I turn around, "oh my god". My face begins to turn red.

"I like to express my thoughts" He smirks at me.

I laugh and roll my eyes in a playful manner.

"But, my dad comes home today...and we have some things to talk about," I say playing with my fingers.

"Are you asking me to leave?" He says making a pouty face.

"No...I just haven't mentioned you to my dad...and I just really need to have a one on one talk with him," I say nervously.

He stands up off the bed and throws on his shirt. "Yeah, I understand. Can I see you tomorrow? I want you to come to my house for dinner and meet my parents," he says smiling.

He wants me to meet his parents? I've never been in a relationship where I've had to meet their parents. Basically, I haven't had many long relationships. I've had one other boyfriend besides Jack. That relationship didn't end well I guess. Wow, I'm pretty nervous to meet his parents. Yet, I'm kind of excited?

"Uh, yeah. Yeah okay," I say playing with my fingers. He walks over to me and places a soft, sweet kiss on my lips. Oh how I love those.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow, okay?" He says and I nod. "I hope everything works out with your dad".

I hope it does too, I just wish me and my dad could get on good terms before I start a huge part of my life. I walk Jack to the door and we kiss once again. He pulls off down the street in his black jeep. I feel as if a weight has been lifted on my shoulders, I'm so nervous to talk with my dad.

~~~~

A couple hours later, my dad and Lily walk in the front door.

"Hey dad!" I great excitedly. This may sound bad, but I wasn't happy to see him. I just needed to be extra nice today, hoping to get what I want.

"Hey Natalie, how are you?" He asks.

"I'm good, thanks," I say.

"Lily, go upstairs and unpack your suitcase," he says and she does as he asks.

"Can I talk to you?" I ask him nervously.

"Yeah, sure. But make it quick because I have stuff to do," he says and I follow him to the couch.

We sit down and I struggle to make a conversation. Me and my dad never really had a great relationship, and well we still don't.

"A lot of things have been happening lately and I just want to inform you," I say.

"Okay," he says.

"I have a boyfriend, Jack. He's honestly a great guy and I really hope you can meet him soon," I say smiling.

"No, no...hmm no. You shouldn't be worried about boys. You need to worry about your future," he says fixing his glasses.

I let out a loud sigh and my smile fades away.

"Ok," I say rolling my eyes. "Speaking of future...I know where I want to go to college".

"UNI is the only place you're going." He says boldly.

What the hell? Do I get no choice in my future?

"Actually...I was thinking about going to Michigan," I say cringing my teeth.

"Nope. Definitely not," he says shaking his head.

I am trying to have an equal discussion and he's just being unfair. As always. I don't have the money to get me to college, my dad is the only one who could help me. So, I guess I don't have a choice in this. What about Gilinsky and my friends? They're all going to Michigan...without me.

"I hate how you think you can control my life and make decisions for me! I'm old enough," I say in a harsh tone.

"Oh, you know you can't do this alone," he says letting out a laugh.

He's actually right. I can't do this by myself. I just dislike my father so much it's insane. I just wish my mom was here, she'd listen to me.

A sharp pain forms in my throat, almost as if I'm about to cry.

"You know what...I hate you! You never listen to me! Don't expect to see me at your wedding either!" I yell and jump up from the couch.

"I don't need you there," he says in a sad tone.

Did he really just say that to me? How could he not have his daughter attend his wedding? Even though I don't even like the girl and don't want to be there. His harsh words hurt.

"W-what?" I say in a shaky voice.

"The wedding is cancelled, we're not together anymore," he says looking down.

I knew he was making a wrong decision in marrying her after only a couple months. He seems upset, I don't know what happened but I don't even want to ask. So I just let out a huge sigh and run to my room.

I grab my phone from the charger and lay on my bed. I check my messages.

From Matthew;
This Madison girl is actually really nice. I'm really starting to like her. I'll be back later tonight. (:

Aw yay, I'm glad they're hitting it off. I simply text back, "okay, happy for you (:"

Then I check a few more texts, Gilinsky texted me.

From Gilinsky;
Hey babe, how'd it go?

Even though Jack and I will be going to different colleges, we can make it work? Can't we?

~~~~

IM SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN SO LONG! And sorry this chapter sucks, it's just a filler. The next chapter should start building up some drama. By the way, I mentioned Natalie's dad getting married a long time ago, sorry if it confused you!

OMG 40K+ READS?!? THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

Please leave comments! I love to read your feedback! xoxo