Chapter 12

Natalie's pov

I throw my phone down on the bed and sigh.

"You alright?" Gilinsky says worried.

"Yeah, it's nothing. I'm just stupid." I say in a low voice, avoiding eye contact.

"You're not stupid." Gilinsky says grabbing my hand and squeezing it.

I smile at him and get interrupted by a text. "Ugh!" I sigh. "What now?" I reach for my phone and it's a text from my dad. Well this is weird.

"Hey, Natalie. Could you be home tonight by dinner time? I want to sit and have dinner with you and Lily before I leave," he texts.

I reply with an okay. I don't really want to sit and have a 'family' dinner with them. When I'm in that house, I don't even feel like we're a family. I never wanted to live with him. I was basically forced to because of my mothers passing.

"Babe, I gotta go," I say and slowly get up.

"What? Why?" He says making a pouty face.

"I have to have dinner with my little sister and my dad," I say. "So, I'm going to need a ride back to the school so I can get my car," I say gesturing him to get up.

"Okay." He says getting up.

~~~~

We're almost to the school and it's already 5pm. Shit. I'm going to be late.

"My dads going to be going out of town for a business thing or whatever," I say trailing off. "It's perfect because Friday is our last day of school. I was thinking about throwing a party this weekend?" I say quietly.

"Really? You're going to throw a party?" Gilinsky says while raising his eyebrow.

"Believe it or not but a good girl can have a good time every once in a while," I say winking at him. "So, invite as many people as you want," I say with a tone full of mischief.

"This is going to be a great way to start off the summer," he says excitedly.

We pull up to my house and I begin to get out of the car.

"Aye, ayee, ayeeee," Gilinsky says while dragging out the last word. "Did you forget something?" He said motioning to his lips.

"Oh yeah," I say and lean to kiss....his cheek. He gives me a weird look like "what the f*ck". I laugh a little and kiss his lips. "Bye now." I say and walk towards my house.

I hear Jack's jeep zoom off down the road.

I enter my house and it's very quiet. "Hellloooo?" I say while entering.

"I'm in the kitchen!" I hear my dad yell.

I walk into the kitchen and it smells delightful. "Spaghetti? My favorite," I say while walking in.

"Of course," he says already knowing that it's my favorite.

I hear running coming down the stairs. Lily runs in to the kitchen looking extremely happy.

"Hey Natalie!" She comes to give me a hug. "I've missed you," she says and squeezes me tighter.

"I've only been gone for the weekend," I laugh and hug back.

"I know but I missed you," she pulls away and smiles.

Aw how sweet. Lily has never had any siblings and neither have I. She must handle this situation this way. I like to keep to myself and I have a hard time expressing my emotions.

"Dinner is almost ready. Please set the table," dad says motioning to us.

Lily and I grab forks, plates and napkins. We place them on the table orderly.

"I'll grab some cups and fill them with water," Lily says and walks back to the kitchen.

My dad brings out the spaghetti. "Sit wherever," he says nodding.

"Oh-oh okay" I say and take my seat.

We all begin to serve ourselves and make small talk.

"I have some big new girls," he says nervously.

"What is it?" I say quietly. He seems pretty nervous. I wonder what's going on.

"I met this girl a few months ago...and I've asked her to marry me," he says.

"What the hell? You've only met her a few months ago...seems a little to fast don't you think?" I say angrily.

"We like each other a lot and-" he says and I interrupt.

"Oh I get it...this dinner isn't because you're leaving and you'll miss us, is it? No. It's because you needed to announce your wedding arrangements." I say while getting up.

"No that's not-" he says.

"Yeah whatever. You don't give a shit about us," I say yelling and I grab my purse.

Lily looks upset that we're arguing...so I kinda feel bad about that.

"Where are you going?" Dad says upset.

"Wherever the f*ck I want," I yell and slam the door, start my car, and I'm gone...I just wanted to take a drive to think for a while.

I'm not even upset about him getting married... well okay, maybe I am. He doesn't even pay attention to us...how does he have enough time to pay attention do a girl he just met? I just feel unwanted here.

I really thought he wanted to have a 'family' dinner and bond or some shit. But nope...he just wanted to tell us about his fiancé. It really makes me angry....I can't wait to get out of this house.

I speed off down the road and honestly....I don't know where I'm going...maybe I should go to Ariana's. I need to talk to her and see how she's doing anyways.

"I'm on my way to your house.." I text.

"Why so sudden?" She texts.

"Can I stay at your house tonight? I don't wanna be home right now," I text.

"Yeah that's fine...I hope you're alright," she texts.

This is just apart of life...we have problems and we will soon overcome them. It will always be alright in the end...

~~~~~

A/N

Whatcha think??