Chapter 19

Natalie's pov

The car ride home is just way too awkward. I need to break the silence.

"Sooo, can you believe it?? We're done with high school! Our graduation is Monday...wow," I say feeling proud.

"Yeah, I honestly can't believe I made it...." Gilinsky says in a low voice.

"So where are you planning on going to college?" Matthew asks me.

To be completely honest. I have no idea. I haven't really had the time to think it through.

"Uhh I don't know. Make the university of northern Iowa or Michigan seems nice," I say.

"Michigan is where I plan on going," Gilinsky says smiling.

~~~~

We finally arrive at my house and Gilinsky grabs the alcohol out of his car and carries it inside.

"Only a couple of more hours until this party ooooo I'm excited," I say while grabbing a glass of water.

"Matthew, grab your bags and I'll show you to your room," I say and he follows me upstairs.

We walk into the room, "really, thank you for letting me stay for the summer," Matthew says.

"What do you mean? Why wouldn't I let you stay? You're my best friend," I say pushed him playfully.

Matthew sighs loudly.

"What, Mathew?" I say confused.

"I thought you hated Jack? You said he was an asshole. You deserve better just saying," Matthew says placing his suitcase on the bed.

"His first impression was horrible, yeah I know. But after I got to know him...he's a great guy," I say placing my hand on Mathews shoulder. "Now just relax and let's have a good time tonight".

"Fine," Matthew says and pulls me in for a hug. "If Jack makes you cry or anything...you better believe that I'll beat the shit out of him".

I place my finger on his lips softly..."Matthew... he won't, he's honestly so great...just get to know him".

I walk out of his room and go into my room so I can get ready. I walk into the bathroom and straighten my very very long brown hair. Jack walks in.

"Hey babe," he says.

"Hiii," I smile at him.

"Your boy Matthew hasn't come out of his room, is he intimidated by me or something? He should be," Jack laughs.

"Jack. Stop. I swear, don't try to start shit tonight either," I say.

"Damn...I won't. It was a joke. Chill," he says.

"Go get ready or something," I say rolling my eyes. He walks out of the room and I finish doing my hair.

I put on some makeup and now here comes the hard part. WHAT TO WEAR?? I go through my clothes, throwing everything everywhere. I finally found something. Thank you jesus. I found a tight, black dress. It's kinda short but ehh whatever. I put it on and check myself out in the mirror. Wow, this dress makes my body look great. I'm impressed with how I look right now. I spray myself with perfume and put on some sparkly heels. They're so cute omg. I walk downstairs and Matthew is in the kitchen on his phone while Jack is on the couch watching tv.

"Damn, how long have you guys been ready?" I ask.

"It took us about 15 min to get ready," Jack says laughing and turns to see me. His eyes pop out of his head.