Chapter 10

Natalie's pov

Continued

"Well you're one of my good friends, so I feel like I can trust you" Shawn says.

"Yes of course you can" I say smiling.

"Well, their is this girl....we've been friends for a while. I've developed feelings for her and I really like her" he says quietly.

I bet he's talking about Ariana.

"I think you should tell her how you feel. I bet she will feel the same way!" I say.

"Yeah...I guess I should tell her how I feel. I just don't wanna ruin our friendship if it doesn't work out" Shawn says slowly.

"Well, you never know how it will go. You gotta give it a chance" I say.

"Thank you so much, Natalie" Shawn says.

"It's no problem" I say.

"See you at school tomorrow" he says.

"Okay bye" I say.

I hang up the phone, lay back on my bed, and fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~
I wake up Monday morning from the ringing of my alarm. I turn it off, sit up and yawn. Wow I really hate Monday's. I get up and start getting ready. I decide to wear some light skinny jeans from American eagle, a black crop top, and some black vans. I'm gonna keep it casual today.

I go down stairs and grab a banana. My dad walks in, wow shocking. He's never here.

"Hey Natalie" dad says while putting on his fancy jacket.

"Hi" I say.

"I'm really sorry I haven't been here, it's just I'm really busy" he says sounding upset.

"No, no it's whatever. You're a busy man. I know." I say annoyed.

He walks over and gives me a hug. Well...

"I apologize in advance, but I will be going out of town for business on Thursday. I won't be back until next Friday." He says while walking out the house.

The door shuts and he's gone. Well okay...

~~~~~~

I arrive at school and start waking to my first class. All of a sudden, Ariana runs up to me.

"Hey Natalie" Ariana says while we continue walking.

"I have something to tell you" I say excitedly.

"Ok, tell me" Ariana says anxious.

"Well Shawn called me last night because he needed to talk about something. He said he really liked this girl. I'm about 99% he was taking about you" I say excitedly.

"Really? Wow..." Ariana says blushing.

"Yeah and I know you like him too. It's obvious." I say pushing her.

"Uh well yeah. I really do like him. You think he'll ask me out?" She says nervous.

"Most definitely" I say smiling at her.

"Alright, well I gotta get to class. See you later" Ariana says walking away.

She seemed shocked. I wasn't, honestly. It's obvious that they like each other.

I continue walking to my first class, when all of a sudden someone comes up from behind me and grabs me around the waist. It was Jack. I stop and he twirls me around so I'm facing him.

"Hey beautiful" he says while placing his forehead on mine.

"Hey" I say while looking in his eyes.

We pull apart and I realized that I have 2 minutes to get to class.

"Oh my god. I'm gonna be late. I gotta go." I say and rush away.

Jack grabs my hand and pulls me back to him.

"About that..." He says and smirks at me.

"What" I say blankly.

"Let's skip school and do something fun." He says.

"What? No...I can't" I say stuttering.

"Cmon don't be scared..." Gilinsky says. He grabs my waist and pulls me towards him.

"I'm not scared" I say and cross my arms.

"Yeah whatever..." He says and laughs.

"Fine. Let's go. Right now." I say and start waking for the exit of the school.

"Damn. Okay, wait for me at least." Gilinsky says and laugh a little.

His laugh makes me wanna jump off a bridge. It's honestly the cutest thing.

We walk outside and start walking to his car. I'm actually kind of nervous. I've never skipped school before. We get in his car. It's a jeep, how basic. All the boys at this school have a jeep.

"So, what exactly are we going to do?" I say while playing with my hands.

"Uh...let's eat something" he says while pulling out of the parking lot.

"Okay. Let's go to Olive Garden!" I say excitedly. "It's my favorite".

"Alright" he says.

~~~~

We get to the restaurant and we get seated. We order our food and start taking.

"So, anything new?" Gilinsky says trying to make a convo.

"Well actually yeah. One of my best friends is gonna come stay with me for the summer" I say excitedly.

"Oh, who?" Gilinsky says while tilting his head a little.

Lord Jesus I'm gonna faint.

"His names Matthew and we've kno-" I say and he cuts me off.

"It's a boy? A boy is gonna stay with you all summer?" He says while clenching his jaw.

"Yeah...what's the problem?" I say confused.

"Well uh nothing...I just thought we had something going on together" he says while leaning back in his chair.

Me and gilinsky have a thing? I thought we were just really good friends? I'm a dumbass.

"He's just a friend, I promise" I say.

I lie....Matthew and I used to have a thing. I'm not sure if we still do but I really like Gilinsky. I don't wanna mess this up.

He doesn't answer. I see his hand on the table and I grab it.

"I promise...okay?" I say.

He smiles at me and says "okay..."

We eat our food and it's delicious. We talk and talk for what seems like hours. I really like this boy, I really do...

A/N

Comment what you think about this story??