Chapter 1

NATALIE'S POV
Well, today is my moms funeral. To be honest, I'm not ready. I'm just not ready to let my mom go. I feel like I was just talking to her....and now she's gone. This all feels so unreal. She was always there for me and now she's gone. I'm gonna miss her so much. I have to move to Omaha with my dad. Not looking forward to that at all. My mom and dad are divorced, I've lived with my mom for my whole life basically. So I guess you can say me and dad aren't close.

"Honey, come downstairs. Were about to head to the funeral." says her dad with a shaky voice.

"Okay coming!" I say as a tear escapes my eye.

I take one last look in the mirror, take a deep breath, and head downstairs.

~After the funeral

It's already been 2 hours since the funeral. I'm already packing to leave because my flight to Omaha is in 3 hours. My friends Emily and Matthew are coming over so I can say my last goodbyes.
Knock! knock!

"Natalie! Your friends are here." Says dad.
I run to Matthew and Emily. I give them the biggest hug, I'm going to miss them like crazy! I can't believe all this is happening.

"Wow Natalie, I'm going to miss you." Matthew says looking down.

Matthew and I have a thing, well had a thing. We have a crush on each other and we both know that. We just never turned our friendship into a relationship. We were scared to take that big step, we didn't want to put our friendship on the line. I'm leaving so we don't know when we will see each other again.

"Aw Matthew, don't worry I'll keep in touch. It'll be like I never left." I say trying to make it better.

I reach out to grab his hand and he grabs it and holds it tightly.
"Okay, but I'm so stupid for never making you mine. Now I'll never have the chance," Matthew says and kisses my cheek.

I just look down, "You never know what the future has in store for us".
"The next chance I have, I will make you mine," Matthew says and places his lips on mine.

I kiss back and it feels amazing. I'm going to miss him. We finally part lips and he pulls me in a hug.

"Okay okay! I feel invisible," Emily says.

I let go of Matthew and give Emily a hug, "I'll miss you," I say.

"You better keep in touch!" Emily says.

"I will, I will. Don't worry. It'll be alright," I say with a fake smile.

We part our ways, me and my dad get in the car, and drive to the airport.

"Omaha, Nebraska now boarding your flight" the announcer says.

"Well, let's go." dad smiles and walks ahead.

We get on the plane and of course I sit by the window. I love staring out the window while we fly across the sky. I put in my headphones, stare out the window, and just think about my life.

Authors note:
This is just a filler chapter. I just wanted to give you a little bit of details of the story. I hope you guys are interested in this story. It will get better!! Lots of drama and love to come!!! Btw this story is in POV. It will be in Natalie's POV most of the time.