Chapter 4

Natalie's POV
About three hours later.

I wake up and it's 7 oh my god I slept for 3 hours what the hell. I check my phone and I have a text from a number that's not in my contacts. I read it it and it says

"hey it's jack."

I ignore it because I'm still mad at how he treated me at school today. He slapped my ass and I thought it was disrespectful. I get a text from Matthew.

"Hey Natalie, how's it going? I miss you."

"It's alright I guess. I wish I was still in Chicago with you and Emily though. I miss you so much more(;" I text back.

"How was your first day of school?" he texts.

"It was alright. I met this boy Shawn. He is so sweet! And I met this boy Jack, he seems like an asshole" I text back.

"That's good your meeting people(: Why is Jack an asshole?" he texts.

"He slapped my ass in front of everyone in the hallway. Like what the hell." I text.

"Wow what a jerk. Sorry, babe. Id kick his ass if I was there. But I'm so tired so I'm gonna go to bed. Night beautiful(:" he texts.

I smile at my phone. He makes me so happy, I miss him so much. I text back.

"Goodnight Matthew(:"

I get up out of bed and start walking out of my room to go downstairs. No one is here, wow surprising. I hate being alone all the time. I go to the fridge and grab some yogurt. I eat it and walk upstairs.

"Ugh"I sigh.

I grab some pjs and take a shower, then I pick out my clothes for tomorrow. I hate school so much, but summer is in 2 weeks! I can't wait!

I go lay down in my bed, turn and see the picture of my mom on my bedside table. I tear up a little and whisper goodnight to her as if she was still with me.

~~~~~~~

I wake up in the morning, start my daily routine, and start walking to school. Thank god it's Friday! I have no plans as usual but ya know netflix is always there for me.

I walk in to the school and start heading to my first class. I see Shawn sitting down, I say hi to him and take my seat.

"Aren't you glad it's Friday?" he says.

"Of course, and I'm looking forward to summer" I say excitedly.

"Me too! It's going to be fun!!" He says smiling.

The class starts and our teacher starts showing us how to do some equations. I hate math, who even needs to know the circumference of a circle or any of the other dumb shit they teach.

The class ends and now I have science. Ugh. I walk in there and of course Jack isn't in there, I'm guessing he will be late again. The bell rings and 5 minutes later Jack walks in.

"Mr. Gilinsky! You can't show up late everyday and have no consequences. 20 minute detention today after school" Ms. Swan says.

"Yeah okay" he says sarcastically and sits down.

She begins to teach the class and Jack turns to me and starts talking.

"I texted you last night, and you didn't text back" he says.

"Yeah I know" I say annoyed.

"Why? Did I do something..." He says raising his eyebrows.

Damn this boys eyebrows are on fleek.

"Yeah you slapped my ass yesterday in the hall in front of everyone. I'm not just gonna ignore that. It was disrespectful" I say with anger.

"Woooow I'm sorry, didn't know it would piss you off so much" Jack says scooting closer to me.

"Well it did" I say.

"I'm sorry babe" he says smirking at me.

I'm going to pass t'f out. This boy has got me feeling some type of way.

"Well, I guess it's okay Mr. Gilinsky. Just don't do it again" I say smiling at him.

He smiles back and we listen to the teacher talk about what ever she's talking about. I wasn't really paying attention. Ooopsss.

Jack turns to face me and begins talking again.

"Hey Natalie, do you have any plans tonight?" He says raising his eyebrows waiting for an answer.

"Uh nooo, I don't think so. Why?" I say.

"Well, I'm having a party tonight at my house. It'd be great if you'd come." He says placing his hand on my knee.

My heart races a little bit and I stare into his eyes.

"Uh yeah I'll see if I can make it" I say unsure.

He writes his address on a piece of paper and hands it to me. The bell rings and it's time for lunch. Oh no who am I going to sit with. I walk in the cafeteria and see Shawn waving at me to come sit down. I walk over there and see a girl sitting at the table with him. Is that his girlfriend?

"Hey Natalie, this is my friend Ariana" he says gesturing to her.

I smile at her and say "hi, nice to meet you."

We all start talking and are getting along great. I'm so happy I'm making some friends.

"Do you guys have plans tonight?" Shawn says.

"Yeah I'm going to Jack Gilinskys party, he invited me." I say while taking a bite of my salad.

"Me and Shawn will be there too!" Ariana says excitedly.

"Just be careful with Jack, he can be a real jerk sometimes. He's been with half the girls at the school. Just saying." Shawn says rolling his eyes.

"Thanks for looking out for me, I'll be fine." I say nodding.

We finish our lunch and I go to my next class.

~~~~

Finally schools over. I start walking home. Should I go to Jacks party? I'm kind of nervous for some reason. Then, Jack texts me. I smile a little and read it.

"I hope to see you there, babe(;" he texts.

Oh my god I love when boys call me babe.

I text back "I'll be there(;"

A/N

What do you think of the story so far?☺️