Chapter 20

*warning* if you don't like reading sexual stuff...skip this chapter!

Natalie's Pov

I run inside and upstairs to my room, where it's quiet. I sit on my bed and put my head in my hands and begin to cry. Jack needs to trust me. I'm being completely honest with him. As I'm crying...my bathroom door opens. I look up and it's Matthew.

"Are you okay?" Matthew asks.

"What does it look like?" I say wiping a tear from my face.

He comes and sits next to me.

"I'm sorry for getting involved..." Matthew says grabbing my hand. "I just hate seeing you hurt....and upset".

Matthew is the sweetest boy I know, he's always there for me. I know all he was trying to do was help.

"It's okay...I know you were just trying to help," I say.

He leans over and puts his forehead on mine. "Jack is an asshole and you deserve so much better".

I begin thinking to myself. Is he right? Jack can be a dick sometimes but most of the time he's so sweet.

I get interrupted by my thoughts when Matthew leans in to kiss me....

Jack barges in at that moment. I push Matthew away.

"What the hell is this Natalie??" Jack yells.

"Jack, I didn't-" I say as tears stream down my face.

"I was coming up here to apologize and this what I see?" He yells and I can hear the hurt in his words.

"I didn't kiss him! I pushed him away. I would never do that to you.." I say crying.

"Bye Natalie," Jack says and punches my door as hard as he could and leaves.

I start crying even harder.

"Natalie..." Mathew says scooting closer to me. "I'm sorry".

I get off of the bed. "Matthew stop! You're just making everything worse! Get out!" I yell pointing towards my door.

Matthews face goes blank and I can tell he's upset.

"I can't help my feelings for you...I thought you felt the same about me?" He says in a sad tone.

"That was in the past! I'm in love with Jack....can't you just accept that?" I say throwing my hands in the air.

Matthew begins to walk out of my room and turns around, "I don't know if I'll be able to". He leaves my room and shuts my door.

I sigh and begin to run my hands through my hair in a stressful way. Jack thinks that Matthew and I kissed...we didn't. I would be hurt if I walked in on Jack just two inches away from kissing another girl. I'm a horrible girlfriend. I'm so stupid. I grab my phone and walk downstairs. The party is still going strong. I look around and I don't see Jack anywhere. I really need to talk to him...but it's not the time nor place.

As I'm walking around, Ariana walks up to me. "Are you alright? I heard what happened".

Tears begin to fill up my eyes.

"Oh, come on let's go..." Ariana says and I follow her outside.

We begin walking down my dark street, away from the party.

"I'm so stupid...." I say tearing up.

"You're not stupid...you just made a stupid choice tonight. Why did you kiss Matthew?" She asks.