Chapter 13

Natalie's Pov

I continue driving to Ariana's. I'm speeding fast, I'm full of so much anger. Her house shouldn't be that much further. I'm not paying attention and I hear a loud horn and I see bright lights.

"Oh my god!" I scream.

I just ran a red light. Holy shit. I've never been so scared in my entire life. That was a close one...very close. I'm breathing heavily, I can't believe that just happened. I was lucky. My heart is still pounding as I finally approach Ariana's house. I park my car and knock on her door. She opens the door and gives me a hug.

"Are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost," Ariana says while grabbing my shoulders.

"Today is just not my day.." I trail off.

"Come in, let's talk about it," Ariana says and I follow her upstairs.

We enter her room and it has a cozy feeling. It feels like a place where I'd want to lay in bed all day and block the world out.

"So what's bothering you?" Ariana asks while we sit down in her window seat.

"Well... I'll tell you the good news first...you know how gilinsky and I had a thing? Well we're an official thing now," I say with a big smile on my face.

"Aw, I'm happy for you.." She says smiling.

I completely forgot about the Shawn thing.

"So, how are you? Ya know about the Shawn thing.." I ask nervously.

"I really like him. I wish he liked me the same way...but it's whatever I guess. He's my best friend...so I'll respect his relationship with Madison," Ariana says with a weak smile.

I give her a hug and I smile back at her.

"Enough about that. So what's going on? You need to tell me. You looked completely freaked when you got here," Ariana says with a worried look.

"Well...." I say taking a deep breath.

I tell her about the fight at dinner, my fathers engagement, how I feel unwanted at my house, and that I almost got in a car crash.

"Wow...tough day. I'm sure everything will be fine with your dad. Maybe the marriage will bring the family together?" She says.

"I-I... I miss my mom so much and this is so hard," I begin to tear up.

"Where's your mom?" She asks confused. I never told her about it.

"She died in a car crash a month ago," I say while wiping a tear.

She immediately hugs me, "it'll be okay," Ariana says while holding me tighter.

~~~~~

Later on that night.

Ariana and I are eating out of our own tubs of ice cream. I'm glad I met Ariana, she's such a great friend. I feel like I can talk to her about anything.

"Thanks for letting me stay here tonight," I say.

"Ah, it's no problem. I need some company anyways," she says while eating her ice cream.

"What do you wanna do? I'm so bored," I say while dragging out the word bored.

"Wanna invite a few people over to hang?" Ariana asks.

"Yeah, just a few though," I say.

"Okay I'll text Shawn, Leigh, and Mallory," Ariana says.

Ugh really? Leigh? She pisses me off so much. She better not try any shit with me today.