¹⁸ Rainbow

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ¹⁸ - ɪᴛ's ᴏᴋᴀʏ, ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴏᴠᴇʀ

❛ ɢᴏᴏᴅɴɪɢʜᴛ, ᴍᴏ ❜

"I will never get over how ridiculous you look in that."

The irritated boy glared at Imogen, who was giggling.

Steve stood in his sailor's uniform for his new job at Scoops Ahoy, a new ice cream shop in the mall that opened before summer.

"How come you never make fun of Robin?" he complained, pointing to Robin, who stood in a similar outfit, working the front.

"Because she pulls it off," Imogen shrugged, finishing the ice cream Robin bought her with the employee discount. "you just look like an overgrown baby."

Steve shook his head, looking at the girl who sat on the table in the back room.

Trying to focus on working since he knew his father would ask Imogen about it.

"You know you shouldn't be back here right?" He questioned.

"I know."

Imogen jumped off the table, walking out the backroom, sending a smile towards Robin before staring at the customers.

"My favorite kids!" Imogen exclaimed, her arms extended. "And Mike."

Mike gave her an unimpressed look while Imogen chuckled, knowing she was only joking.

Imogen had been giving him a hard time lately since Hopper had complained to her about how much time El has been spending with the Wheeler boy.

"Hey, dingus, your children are here!" Robin called out.

Steve opened the window behind Robin and Imogen, "Again? Seriously?"

Mike glared at the older boy, ringing the bell one last time.

Imogen rose her brows as Steve sneaked the party, minus Dustin and El, into the back rooms, letting them sneak into the movie for free.

"Why doesn't he let me do that?" Imogen pouted.

Robin winked, "We could do it sometime."

Imogen grinned, glancing at the clock above Robin's head, "I gotta go, see you--"

"Tomorrow," Robin finished Imogen's sentence, over the time they had spent together Robin noticed Imogen flinching at the words 'See you later'.

She never questioned it; she just learned to avoid those three words.