⁰² Investigating with Nancy Drew

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ² - ᴍɪssɪɴɢ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ's ᴄᴀsᴇ

❛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ʀᴜɴᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴍɪssɪᴏɴ? ❜

Imogen never thought this was how she'd spend her sophomore year. All these eyes on her, looking at her as if she did something criminal as she gets out of the police car.

Promise me, she did nothing terrible.

"When was the last time you saw Miss. Jones?"

Imogen sat in the uncomfortable metal chair across from Officer Powell and Officer Callahan, her knee bouncing under the table, nervously as her eyes glanced between the two policemen, ignoring the eyes on her back, knowing they belonged to Liz Jones.

"Issa? The 6th." Imogen answered, her voice shaking slightly under the eyes of the three adults.

She didn't expect this early in the morning, to be sitting in an investigation room with Chief Jim Hopper's sidemen, watching her every move and Callahan writing it down in a notepad like he was a fucking therapist.

She was a minor, and her parents weren't even here, can't they get in trouble for that?

"Where?"

"My house."

"What were you guys doing?" Callahan asked, Imogen, furrowed her brows, confused with what that had to do with anything.

Imogen took in the question though and when her mind finally processed what he said, she froze. "We were just hanging out."

Powell's eyes cast down at the girl's hands, noticing the almost bruising grip she had on her wrist. "You sure, you were just...hanging out?"

Imogen glared at the officer, "Yeah."

"Do you know Barbra Holland?" Callahan took the girl's attention off his partner as Imogen looked at him taken aback.

"Barb? What does she have to do with this?" Imogen leaned forward in her seat, looking between the two, noticing the glance they gave each other. "What's with your faces?"

"Miss Holland's parents said she was missing, she didn't come home last night."

Imogen felt her heart drop as the man said Barb was missing, the familiar feeling of fear flooding her veins as she thought about the possibility that both her best friends were missing.

"Yeah, she was at my house. I came home from the Jones' and saw her outside by the pool. I talked to her about Issa, how I missed her, then I asked her if she wanted something to drink. I came back with the drinks and she was gone, I just thought she left."