¹⁹ Coming Out

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ¹⁹ - ʀᴜssɪᴀɴ ᴛʀᴀɴsᴍɪssɪᴏɴ

❛ ʙᴜᴛ...ɪssᴀ's ᴀ ɢɪʀʟ ❜

Imogen Harrington believed in soulmates.

She didn't at first, it wasn't until she met Issa Jones that made her doubt the stories.

She didn't believe in soulmates until the day Barbara Holland said that Imogen and Issa were what everyone longed for.

She knew she had a soulmate, and that was Issa.

She could feel it, the constant pull to want to be with that person, hang out with them, be there for them in any way, shape, or form.

She lost her soulmate.

She lost her soulmate, she could feel the invisible string between them snap.

But what if?

She believes in soulmates.

Billy didn't call her.

That night she sat on her bed, journal in hand.

She writing down every exciting thought in her mind, waiting for the time that the phone would ring.

But it didn't.

She stood up until 3: 00 in the morning, her journal abandoned, the girl numbly staring at the phone that had yet to ring.

Why didn't he call?

When it hit 3:30, she went to bed with lost hope.

──

That day she wanted to go to the community pool and ask Billy what his problem was.

Did he forget? Was he just messing with her? Did something happen?

But she restrained herself, opting to go to the mall, like always, to see Robin.

So as she walked through the crowds of people, her eyes shifted over to Robin, working behind the counter.

Imogen chuckled at the bored look on Robin's face as she handed ice cream to a group of girls from their school.

"Birdy!"

Robin's eyes darted up, latching onto Imogen who was wearing a grin, the Buckley girl feeling her heart speed up. "Immy!"

Imogen ran into the shop, hugging the girl excitedly like they didn't see each other yesterday.