⁰⁹ Start of Something

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ⁹ - ɴᴇᴡ ʙᴏʏ, ɴᴇᴡ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ?

❛ ғᴜᴄᴋ ʏᴏᴜ, ʜᴀʀɢʀᴏᴠᴇ ❜

Imogen was bored. She was also regretting not staying in the car since she was just listening to Nicole and Carol gossip while leaning against Nicole's car.

She shouldn't be complaining though since she didn't really want to be sitting in the car with Steve and Nancy since the two were a mushy couple who were currently going through problems.

So she was just fiddling with the ring around her neck, waiting for school to start, her eyes trailing around the parking lot, frowning when she saw everyone laughing with their friends.

It was times like these where she missed Issa and Barb and wished they were here.

Everyone said she would get over it, almost a full year past and she still sometimes stayed up, waiting for Issa to come through the window at 3 am, but when the girl doesn't Imogen remembers and cries herself to sleep.

Before Imogen was about to enter her state of sadness, a loud revving of a car made her snap her head up, squinting when she saw an unfamiliar blue Camaro, speeding to the empty spot next to Steve's car.

Imogen noticed everyone's eyes were trained on the car, wondering who the hell it was since Hawkins didn't get that many newcomers.

Imogen bit her lip nervously, watching as a boy clad in denim appeared from the car, a cigarette between his smirking lips, his eyes trailing the lot of eyes on him, connecting with Imogen's for a split second making the girl awkwardly look away.

She scrunched her nose when she heard Nicole and Carol making sexual comments on the new kid, making Imogen groan in disgust.

"Gross," she mumbled, throwing her backpack on her shoulder and walking to the entrance of the school, turning her head seeing the boy walking next to her, not even glancing her way.

He seemed really confident as his eyes trailed over to the girls giggling while staring at him, making Imogen sigh in disappointment thinking maybe this guy could've been her friend, but now she didn't think so.

"You good?" Imogen stopped when she noticed a slightly weird look on the new kid's face as his eyes glanced around at the people staring at him.

"Could you...like show me the front office?" He asked, keeping the cocky look on his face while innocently asking the question.

Imogen furrowed her brows, looking at him weirdly, wondering why he was doing that but just nodded, "Sure."

Imogen gestured to the boy to follow her, which he did.