⁰³ Story of the Scar

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ³ - ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ʙᴏᴅʏ

❛ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇʀ. ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ɪssᴀ. ❜

She did go to the Wheeler residence that night. And she was immediately brought into Nancy's mother's, Karen Wheeler's arms as the news played in the background, with Ted, Nancy's father, watching it with a sad expression which was weird since he never showed emotions.

"Sup, Karen." Imogen greeted early the morning after, jumping to sit on the counter and grabbing one of the waffles already cooked, shoving it in her mouth.

Karen shook her head at the girl's antics, but she loved the girl like her own daughter so she couldn't help but fondly smile, even though it turned to a frown when she saw the faraway look in the girl's eyes.

"I have to drop Nancy off at school, do you need a ride?" Karen asked, glancing at the girl as she set the breakfast down for her family.

Imogen looked up from the ground, biting her lip at the concerned look Karen was giving her. "Um...No I-uh was thinking of going with Ms. Jones to...see...Issa." the girl mumbled, twisting the ring on her finger, it was something Issa gave her, she wore it ever since.

Imogen awkwardly got off the counter when Karen went silent; the teen looked towards the stairs when she heard footsteps coming down, seeing Mike, Nancy's little brother, best friend of Will Byers.

"How are you doing, Mikey?" Imogen asked, taking a seat next to the boy, squinting at him since he looked like he was faking his sad expression even though his friend died.

"Huh? I'm okay, you?" Mike looked up at the girl, slight fear in his eyes that she would figure out something since he could never keep anything from Imogen.

Imogen scanned his face for a moment, her heart feeling heavy, smiling sadly.

──

"I'm okay," Imogen said, looking up at Hopper.

They were currently in the morgue lobby. No one was there other than them, Ms. Jones, and the lady behind the desk.

Joyce and Jonathan Byers were already taken in the back to see Will, Ms. Jones was sitting in a chair far away from the two, staring blankly into space with teary hazel eyes, just seeing her made Imogen's heart hurt.

Hopper looked Imogen over in concern when he saw the dark bags under her eyes and the big hoodie (it was her dad's and was practically a dress on her, even if she was tall.) draping her figure, her legs were shaking. He knew they weren't cold though, he could tell the girl was having trouble standing as well.

"Ms. Jones?"

Hopper and Imogen's heads snap to the voice, the woman behind the desk calling the woman's name.