²⁷ We Are Infinite

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ²⁷ - ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ʜᴇʀᴏᴇs

❛ sɪɴᴄᴇʀᴇʟʏ ᴍᴇ ❜

These last 3 years have been a lot for me. I loved and loved, and lost things that mean so much to me.

I thought of my life like it was a sad story with a sort of angst.

It was hard to live my life after Issa, constantly looking over my shoulder, scared something was gonna happen. 'Hyper-vigilance' as you told me.

It was hard losing Issa, I felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest. It was the worst feeling ever.

She was my soulmate, you know? But I lost one soulmate and gained two more.

I know there is always gonna be a part of me that will miss her, I mean, Robin had to pull me to bed since I thought Issa was gonna come over.

Robin and I are together now, I'm comfortable with telling you that since I know you'll accept me.

It's crazy, I didn't think I would ever find someone after Issa.

It feels different, a good different.

"Have you thought about what you're gonna do after high school, yet?" Billy asked, looking at the girls beside him.

They were Ivan Harrington's truck, cruising around, the man letting them use it since Billy's car was totaled.

"We still have all senior year to figure it out, old man." Imogen rolled her eyes at the boy who already graduated.

"We're gonna run the school since you and Steve are gone," Robin spoke up from the middle seat of the truck.

"I'm gonna be king." Imogen popped the collar of her jacket, pretending she was Billy.

Billy rolled his eyes with a chuckled.

There are these moments with her, where I feel on top of the world.

Robin gasped, her hand going to the volume knob in front of her, turning it up.

The three gape when they heard the familiar song playing, the song they heard coming back from the mall.

I, I will be king

Robin grinned, smushing her body through the window behind her, standing in the bed of the truck.

But right now these moments are not stories. This is happening. I'm here.

And you, you will be queen

Robin held her arms out like Imogen once did, a grin on her face.

Imogen watched her with the same amount of adoration.

And I'm looking at her and she's so beautiful. I can see it.

Though nothing will drive them away

Billy and Imogen share a smile.

Imogen looks back up catching Robin staring at her.

Robin winked, the wind blowing her hair back.

This moment where you're not a sad story. You're alive.

And you stand up and see the light on the buildings and everything that makes you wonder...

We can be Heroes, just for one day

...and you're listening to that song and driving with the people you love the most in this world.

We can be us, just for one day

Robin kneels down, poking her head through the window, grabbing Imogen's chin in her fingers.

And in this moment, I swear...

Robin connects their lips, ignoring the amused chuckle from Billy when Imogen lets out a surprised moan.

We are infinite.

After everything, I feel fine. I feel safe. I feel happy. A pretty drastic change since we began, huh, Dr. Quinn?

This is the last page of my journal so I guess I'll stop it here, see you in a week.

Sincerely me.

------------

We are infinite is officially over!! I honestly can't believe it. I honestly didn't think I would finish it but i did, haha.

Thank you to everyone who supported this story, leaving votes and comments, I love you all.

goodbye to readers that have been here since the beginning, and goodbye to the readers that are just coming, I'm thankful for every one of you.