¹⁰ Halloween & A Drunken Immy

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ¹⁰ - ᴅʀᴏᴡɴɪɴɢ

❛ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴇʟʟ

❛ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴇʟʟ...ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ɢᴏɪɴɢ. ❜

Nervousness. It crawled at Imogen, her heart beating rapidly as she stared at the small house with teary eyes.

Imogen was hesitant when she started walking up the sidewalk, making her way to the door, her palms sweating as she knocked on it.

Her hands were shaking at her side, ignoring the urge to grab her necklace, while she waited for Ms. Jones to open the door.

Imogen hadn't seen the woman that much anymore, Liz always complained about how Imogen always reminded her of Issa, making the teen avoid her.

Imogen straightened up as the door swung open, revealing a tired-looking Liz who looked to be in a rush, it wouldn't surprise Imogen if she had to work this early in the morning, it was currently 7:00.

Ms. Jones' breath caught in her throat, looking at the girl who had slowly become a stranger with wide eyes, glancing behind her with her hand on the door, before staring at the teen.

"Immy? Sweetheart, what are you doing here?"

Imogen tilted her head slightly, "I came to see how you were doing, I just thought I could maybe walk Broady and Rowan to school for you?"

Liz avoided looking at the young girl, running a hand over her face, "I hate to bother you--"

"No! No, it's totally okay! I offered." Imogen awkwardly smiled.

"I just really need to head to work, um, sorry."

Imogen could tell Ms. Jones was stressed, the crease between her brows had become almost permanent since she always had to worry about her babies, it wasn't nice having to worry if your baby is going to die.

"It's fine," Imogen assured, Liz invited her into the house, making her slowly step in, watching as the woman grabbed her keys and purse.

Broady and Rowan entered the living room looking at Imogen, excitement in their eyes compared to the normal sadness. Liz went over to the kids, kissing them on the foreheads, whispering to them making the two nod a moment later.

Imogen sighed when Liz kissed her forehead as well before leaving the house, leaving the three in silence.

"We missed you," Broady stated, grabbing his sister's hand as the other one fiddled with his backpack strap while hesitantly meeting the older girl's eyes.