¹² Fucked Up Situations

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ¹² - ᴅᴀʀᴛ? ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ᴄᴀᴛs

❛ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ sᴏ ғᴜᴄᴋᴇᴅ ❜

"What happened last night?"

Imogen's soft voice made Steve flinch and almost drop the plate of waffles he heated up.

Imogen sat at the table, watching her brother shuffle around the kitchen with her brows furrowed since the boy never cooked, but she guessed it was cuz her parents were working today.

"You um...passed out, I think it was one of your things again. Dustin? Took him home then told mom and dad you fell asleep early." Steve shrugged, going over to the stove to flip the bacon.

Imogen stared down at the table, her expression showing confusion. She didn't remember even passing out.

All she remembered was darkness and waking up with an unbearable headache and sheet of sweat coating her body from the nightmare she had, a nightmare she didn't even remember.

"What were you guys talking about to make you...you know?" Steve trailed off, looking over his shoulder, before placing the plate of bacon on the table, sitting down next to the girl, and began munching on the food.

The girl took a bite out of the bacon laid out in front of her, glancing at her brother with hesitance. "I just got scared. I watched Will have one of his episodes, freaky."

Steve watched the girl with narrowed eyes, sighing when he realized she didn't want to talk. "Eat up. Got a long day ahead of us."

──

The bustling sound of teens filled Imogen's ears as she sat at the cafeteria table alone, her finger lightly trailing the big white and pink scar on the palm of her hand.

Her mind wandered back to last year, the large monster chasing her with razor-sharp teeth. It reminded her of a nightmare she had a few days before, running through the woods with that monster chasing her, and right as it was going to take a bite out of her she'd wake up, gasping for breath and the urge to cry in the back of her throat.

Imogen gasped as Billy slammed his hand on the table, getting the girl's attention.

Billy looked at the girl funny when he noticed her frightened state but he didn't say anything just sat down, Imogen straightening up when she saw Tommy next to the Hargrove boy grinning at her.

"Have you seen Jonathan anywhere?" Imogen asked, her brows furrowed as she moved her scarred hand out of the sight of Billy.

Tommy chuckled, "You and Harrington, huh? The freak skipped with Wheeler, no one had seen them since yesterday."