⁰⁸ Funeral's Suck!

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ⁸ - ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ & ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ & ɪ ʟᴏsᴛ ʏᴏᴜ

❛ sʜᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴏᴏᴅ ᴍᴇ

❛ sʜᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴏᴏᴅ ᴍᴇ. ❜

It was hard after that day. For everyone. For the Jones family. For Imogen.

Imogen's parents arrived the day after it happened. They fully expected Imogen to be sitting on the couch waiting for them like an excited little puppy but all they got was a teary-eyed Steve as he listened to the anguished cries coming from upstairs.

Imogen hadn't come out of her room since that night at the hospital, she stayed in her room all day and night staring blankly out the window as she laid on her bed with tear streaks down her cheeks.

After Steve had told his parents, Ivan and Margie both tried talking to the girl but got nothing out of her.

Steve tried talking to her multiple times but when he entered her room all he got was a faint mumble and a pillow to the head.

Joyce had been helping Liz Jones with planning the funeral as Jonathan and Will would play with Rowan and Broady.

Rowen and Broady barely found out about Issa's death 3 days after Joyce had been to their house. Jonathan and Will couldn't come that day, leaving the twins to peek in on what the ladies were doing when they heard the words, but all that time they just thought Issa was sick and still in the hospital.

Broady understood it more than Rowan, he broke down crying with Rowan following after just because she saw her brother sad.

Nancy and Jonathan had stopped by the Harrington home several times but each time Imogen told Steve to get them out of the house because the girl didn't want to see anyone.

Imogen woke up this morning to another one of her dad's hoodies at the end of her bed, fresh out of the closet. The girl's lip ticked up slightly, grabbing the fabric and cuddling it close to her before glancing towards the mirror on the closet door at the end of her bed, feeling disgusted that she let herself go.

The girl got up from her bed and grabbed her stuff for a shower before sneaking into the bathroom when she heard her family laughing downstairs.

The water caressed her skin lightly as she wiped some of the droplets off her face, closing her eyes tightly.

The girl opened her eyes when she felt a pressure building behind them, tears started falling down her cheeks blending with the water.

Imogen looked down at her hand, remembering the feeling of Issa's cold, limp hand in hers making the girl breathe out, shuddering.